Pure ragin!!!!

i have had soo many probs trying to play fm09 it doesnt work then it works then a new prob comes up then i fix it and sumthing else comes up sayin it wnt work anymore.

i was playing my game and quit and saved it and everything then turnd my computer off. the next day i tryd to load the game and it came up with xml parsing error! not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of channel_FACEGEN_CHANNEL.xml

i then click ok and this msg cums up XML parsing error! not well-formed (invalid token) at line of channel-unit testing timings.xml

I then press ok again and this cums up XML parsing error! syntax error at line 1 of channel-unit testing errors. xml then alot of wee squares and >_0% in things like that.

press ok and XML parsing error! not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of channel-unit testing output.xml then lots of wee squares and >-_0%^ in things like that press ok and the same thing comes up.

press ok again and XML parsing error! not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of channel-SKIN_CHANNEL.xml then a warning comes up array acces out of bounds.

see if anyone could tell me how to fix this or what the prob is i will love you but really its driving me mad so any help would be awesome

thanks guys

• Administrators

Try the following:

Delete the following folder:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

This bug is slowly appearing more and more to other people.

I first noticed it using a copy of FM2006 I got in Feb of 09. And only occured after I installed 2009 in my system. Don't think they are related as they are in totally different directories.

Problem just started in 9.3.0 though and has made both versions unplayable.

Have notified a cuple of handlers, but will have to wait and see the results or lack there of... After 4 hours of this forum reading through everthying my hope of a clear resolution is very low.

Only happens during matchplay.

have you downloaded any graphics (skins, team logos, backgrounds, facepacks etc)

If you have try deleting them, it sounds like a dodgy skin or facepack to me

Archived