Is the PSP version based on CM0102 engine?

It's similar, but not quite. Tactics are cut down, there's no reserve squads and there's fewer options for transfers. There's also less club detail - no stadiums (it's just assumed you have a bigger stadium as you move through the leagues), no financial details other than budgets, and of course no international management in the first version.

I'd like a few of those back because I love stats.

• SI Staff

FM Handheld is a brand new game - however one of the aims I had with it was to bring back some of the speed and fun that was had when playing CM01-02, while at the same time retaining the realism which people expect from our games.

Well to me it is just like the CM01/02 games. The fun factor and speed is back.

There is something about reading the text commentary and visualising in your head. He shoots...short pause..., hold breath.... then you see the flashing GOAL!!!!. You want to cheer but you have to be quiet because you are in trap one in the work toilets (for the past hour)

I played until 4am last night/this morning, simply because I was progressing towards the final of the UEFA Cup.

With seven games of a season to go, there's no way I'd consider staying up on the PC version with work the next day. With the PSP's blinding gameplay pace, it's never been an issue and as such I play longer.

Despite the game's shortcomings, I'm addicted.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm addicted </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh - wait 'til you try the new one .... its immersion factor is much greater without taking away its pick up and play appeal imho icon_biggrin.gif

ya ive been away from the game for quite a while cuz of playing other games but i came back to it last week and ive been on it nonstop. I cant help thinking about my first ever season with Amiens back in June, got sacked after 30 games lol and look at me now, a few trophies in the cabinet , more knowledge of the game. I cant wait to get the 07 version for christmas!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm addicted </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh - wait 'til you try the new one .... its immersion factor is much greater without taking away its pick up and play appeal imho icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds goodicon_biggrin.gif

I have big hopes about the new psp version.

I hope I'll find in it again the pleasure for the game that I lost for the pc version, very realistic, but also very boring for me (it needs too much time to invest and gives me not much fun).

I'm no more addicted to it and sometimes I'm sorry for being so.

Archived