El Clasico

Liverpool normally want about £85M for Torres, Cesc will go for about £120M if you're lucky. Dunno about Anderson, but it's a lot of money. Any chance you could post your transfers? Not that I don't believe you, I just want some tips on raising big money as it's something I've often struggled with early in my career.

Good to see the GD forum scepticometer is in full swing :D

:D

Seriously though, I have no reason NOT to believe him. I would like a shot of his transfers because I for one CANNOT for the love of God buy ANY big names at the beginning of the game no matter what the offer for said players. I just want to know how much those players went for and were bought in for :thup:

:D

Seriously though, I have no reason NOT to believe him. I would like a shot of his transfers because I for one CANNOT for the love of God buy ANY big names at the beginning of the game no matter what the offer for said players. I just want to know how much those players went for and were bought in for :thup:

Yeah i know mate, i am fully subscribed to the scepticism in this thread :D

If he has done it legitimately, i too would love to know how.

I've never had much luck with unsettling players

I literally try to keep it as private as possible, to reduce other teams offers

Obviously if there is a leak it gets quite tough

Signed Beckham for Wolves in my first season once, L.A. Did not ask for much at all, although did go a bit over on the wage bill, then get this his debut was against Man Utd in the FA Cup at Old Trafford

I heard that there is a bug when, if you sell the good players on your team, other players want to join you.

It should be opposite, but isn't.

In case anyone didn't realise, this isn't true. There is no bug [afaik] that does this.

I feel the GD might have admit defeat:eek:

done a short test on all 3 databases to see if this is plausible, playing as barcelona and bidding on the first day of taking the job. no players have been sold though, so i cannot disprove any conspiracy theory about selling players gaining reputation, but come on its barcelona anyway, if their reputation was raised any higher surely it would just make the teams want more value for their players, all 3 players are interested in joining so it's not an issue in my eyes.

9.3 database

fabregas - bid 40m - rejected

fernando torres - bid 44m - negotiated to 77.8m

anderson - bid 19.25m - accepted

9.2 database

fernando torres - bid 44m - negotiated to 53.8m

Default database

fernando torres - bid 44m - negotiated to 58.3m

same situation with all databases, but liverpool want a whopping 77.8m in the latest db. i really can't see this being possible any later in the game myself.

the only thing i dont understand is how you managed to sell keita and hleb, it may be different for them but they have only just joined. so most players who have just joined arent interested in joining other teams. and those prices are ridiculously low. but seeing as your sales seem genuine i guess you have to be telling the truth.

Get out of here you sceptic! ;):D

My previous post....

What? :D

the only thing i dont understand is how you managed to sell keita and hleb, it may be different for them but they have only just joined. so most players who have just joined arent interested in joining other teams. and those prices are ridiculously low. but seeing as your sales seem genuine i guess you have to be telling the truth.

When I negotiate a bid

I set his squad status to "Not needed by the club" and this makes him more likely to sign a contract with another club, plus The entry of a new manager with less experience than Josep Guardiola will have an effect

lol very lucky with some of those bids!

I don't recall either Lazio, Inter or Atletico Madrid having that kind of money to spend at the start of any game i've started in FM09. Lazio start with a balance of £6mill, Inter £31mill and Atletico £18mill. How did all 3 clubs some how manage to exceed their balances (greatly i might add!) and coincidently purchase 3 of your players?

and as for Torres and Fabregas for £40mill each.... they normally want upwards of £60mill and never budge at all.

i know you don't care.. but i don't believe those transfers were honest :D

To think that people accuse LLM regulars of jumping on people ;), let the lad play the game however he wants, even if that does involve what many of us would regard as cheating.

Archived