Which edition offered you more enjoyment... 08 or 09..?

Well after reading quite threads on this forum I often see many people saying that if FM08 has the same database as FM09 they would go back to it. Others say, though not many, that the FM09 is the best edition so far and that they're having tons of fun.

I can say that on FM08 had one of the best career games since FM started in 2005. But having a poor PC I cant try out the FM09, and I cant say that my view/vote would be objective.

I know that many people like FM07, and if I put it in this mix it would win. I just wanna know between the last two editions.

So feel free to have your say, and I'm quite interested "who wins".

Can't put my finger on it, but this one has more long term interest for me....perhaps its becuase I feel that the AI is genuinly learning from my tactics and trying to outdo me.

Or maybe just because of my particular save...........

07 has been the best for me but if the toss up is there (and it was recently) then 08 wins. I've now gone back to 08 as I feel that it is slightly more logical and I have a bit more control over what is going on. Also there was a major issue with Charlton on the later patches of 09 which meant that you were expected to get to the play-offs with no money and a pretty shank team and when you were quite realistically in 16th you'd get fired. It's a shame because 09 is the first FM I've actually given up on. I didn't really dig 08 when compared to 07 at first but I was still playing it in the summer however I just couldn't do 09 at all after a while. The tactical interface is the big issue for me as it seems to affect so many parts of the game. If this is looked at for Fm10 (and I know it is) then I'll be back. 08 for me for now though...

07 > 09 > 08

This. 09 has been good, but there's something missing that I can't quite put my finger on, that's missing. Maybe the game is starting to get too complex for my liking. Having said that, I still play it semi-regularly.

I could never get into 08, mainly down to the standard of regens. That really ruined it for me. The board confidence addition wasn't exactly top class either, thankfully it was improved a bit for FM09, as were the regens.

07 was the first game in the series that I really got into. It was near perfect, to be honest I can't think of any issues that bothered me. I still wouldn't be able to go back to it now though because I'd miss the new features too much.

09 for me in every way, but the most dramatic improvement that sells this version is the match engine in the full match replays, it is light years ahead of anything previous.

You don't get closer to football than FM09 and I enjoy that.

09 has me hooked & is a vast imrpovement on 08 which will become a forgotten version in my household. I went back to my 07 career while I was waiting for a new PSU for my PC (didn't want to start a new save on my old PC) & I never loaded up 08 again.

Archived