2nd hand copies of FM2009

Up until now I have resisted the urge to buy FM2009. I had been playing FM2007 for a long time, and was disappointed with 2008. This led me fort he 1st time ever not purchasing and FM product on release. ( I have the earliest versions of Champioonship manager still tucked away for the Amiga). I find myself tempted to pick up a second hand copy of the game, I have seen a couple of reputable sites who have copies available. My question is, is this allowed with the DRM rules and having purchased a 2nd hand copy - will I actually be able to register it and use it or will I end up with an expensive coaster?

Theoretically, you can install each copy on 5 machines for your own personal use. If you are picking one up second hand you are relying on the previous owner to be honest and not already to have used the 5 installs up. You can deregister from previous computers via a website, but if the seller keeps a copy of the code then so could he!

IMO, to save the hassle, buying a new copy is the way forward, and its a damn sight cheaper than what i paid on release for it! Just make sure you patch to 9.2.0 or 9.3.0!

Archived