Just Wondering about this for a long time

I have played Football Manager series (and the CM) series for a long time and I have always wondered what is the maximum seasons one can play in these types of football simulation games.

If one has a small Hard disc capacity, will there be an error message in the game eventually? Or if one has a 1TB HD space, can one go on forever? Does the amount of HD space in your PC matters greatly in how far you can go into the future?

Thanks! icon_confused.gif

I've done this: I never deleted my savegames which eventually became almost a gig a time. Eventually when I went to save it just wouldn't happen.

That's when you know you're full and have to free up some hard drive space. As i say, after about 6 seasons (depending on size of database, leagues running etc) each save might be 1 gig.

This has been asked before and in theory, there is no limit to the length of your game. In practice, however, the size of your save game , the length of time processing fixtures and loading/saving usually forces you to stop

Thanks! So if you have ONLY one saved game, in theory, you can run the game much longer?

If the limit is reached, what is the error message that would come up?

How many seasons can one run using a 30GB Hard Disk with only 10GB Free space if he/she runs the game in medium data level, one nation only and 4 leagues (eg England and the top four league competitions.)

If you choose to safe your games uncompressed, could you run the game longer?

Thanks!

icon_confused.gificon_smile.gif

Archived