Does the game become too easy in the future?

I want to become a Sunderland legend on the game which might not even be possible. I am currently in 2020 and for the past 3 seasons have won the quad every year. I know I can start again as a team in the BSN or some other low league. The thing is I dont want to start again I want to be Sunderland manager for longer than Alex Ferguson has been at Man Utd.

There are a few things I want to do before I quit the game I still have Craig Gordon so I want to get him to beat the all time apearance record. I have a regen striker who I want to get the clubs goal record and I am also trying to build the team into a more English looking side. I also want to top the hall of fame and win a world cup.

Surely the AI should be better programmed to challenge as the game goes on. Does anyon else find that the further you get the easier the game gets? I know people will say leave but I am a Sunderland fan I have my other save games for not playing as Sunderland.

I've got personal goals in my Arsenal save, currently in 2015/2016, but frankly I've just started to lose interest. The problem is that the better teams just aren't buying any good players. Man U (finished second or third in all prior seasons) have bought no one apart from distinctly average players. Well, fairly decent Premiership players, I guess, but they're not buying anyone to give me a challenge. Liverpool have been playing some really naff-looking youngtsers in important games against me, and Chelsea have only just started buying decent players after spending a couple of years in the Europa Cup.

It seems others think it as well, but the AI teams really need a lot of work on their transfers. Not one of the big teams around Europe has bought any good youngsters, apart from one or two very high profile players who were only just short of being quality anyway.

I definitely think it gets easier as you go on due to the AI not really being too clever in the long term transfer market. Saying that, it gives me a chance to catch up with them since I'm not too good on the tactical side of things.

Arsenal are my nearest challengers and they bought 4-5 really great regens about 3 seasons ago but since then havent really bought any decent players. I really want to complete the goals I set for myself but wouldnt mind some competition as winning every cup every season can get boring. I just play the game here and there as it is a good pay off for the 5 days of game time I have put into it.

I'm currently into the 2018/19 season in my Villa game and I still find that Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea are always up there challenging for the title, as have I the last 5-6 seasons. They all seem to be buying well and improving every year just like I have been doing, which again makes it just as hard for me to win the title. I am yet to win the EPL actually but hope to do so either this season or next.

So to answer your question - personally I don't think it has become easier as the seasons have progressed as the AI teams seem to still be buying world class players to compete against me.....but then again it may be my tactics. ;)

im in 2028 and i can not win the prem or champions league whateva i seem to do.

arsenal and man city are completely dominant and i just don't know how to pip them.

for me the game is too hard in the future if anything.

thats just my game though.

oh yea acid.

you got any tips that would help me win the prem?

thanks

The way I have done it is to keep an eye on young player of the month as you can pick up some real good players through that. I stick to having 2 players for every position but I dont rotate much I feel you need to pick your best 11 and play them in every away game and every important cup game I only change them for cup games against weaker sides and home league games against weaker teams. Squad harmany is extremely important any player that starts to disrupt the team gets sold.

I also find attacking and high closing down work with my current tactic I have lost 5 games in 3 seasons in all competitions I play a 4-4-2 with AMR and AML. I find it best to have an all round striker and a creative one on free role, the all round striker scores loads of goals as I give him no creative freedom and no closing down, this keeps him in the box most of the time.

Thats all really thats basically how I win everything.

Everyones game is different i suppose...

I'm in my 4th season as arsenal, i have only won the prem once, but this year has been a breeze now hiddink and Alex are gone (Liverpool have never been a challenge really, they are in 3rd ATM, but around 20 pts off the top) Spurs are the main challengers and are 15 points behind. easiest prem so far for me, although i have been pretty consistant, only lost one game all season and 4 draws in 29 P.

As i said everyones game is different, a lot of people find man city really do take off after a few seasons, they don't really pose me a trouble in my game, man u, chelsea and liverpool are still good teams when you play them, but geerally don't do as will consistantly over the season once their first manager leaves...

I want to become a Sunderland legend on the game which might not even be possible. I am currently in 2020 and for the past 3 seasons have won the quad every year. I know I can start again as a team in the BSN or some other low league. The thing is I dont want to start again I want to be Sunderland manager for longer than Alex Ferguson has been at Man Utd.

There are a few things I want to do before I quit the game I still have Craig Gordon so I want to get him to beat the all time apearance record. I have a regen striker who I want to get the clubs goal record and I am also trying to build the team into a more English looking side. I also want to top the hall of fame and win a world cup.

Surely the AI should be better programmed to challenge as the game goes on. Does anyon else find that the further you get the easier the game gets? I know people will say leave but I am a Sunderland fan I have my other save games for not playing as Sunderland.

I am in a similar situation with you but i am Man Utd.

I`m in 2017 and i have won the premiership every season bar 2, won numerous FA cups and have won the champions league for the past 4 seasons so YES, i say it does get easier in the future. It was getting a bit boring as i was winning most games so i too am trying to make a full english side at man u. The only hard part about selling off the foreign stars is that i feel sad when i put them up for transfer and they refuse :( as they have been part of my man u family for many years.

My aim is to be at the helm until 2030 but i doubt i can make it before FM 2010 comes out as it takes me almost 24 hrs to play one season and being a dad and having children i don`t get to play much.

Arsenal and Man City have been challenging me for the title a few times but finish terrible towards the end of the season.Chelsea and Liverpool are always up there (top 6) but they have an average side and regular drop points versus weak opposition. The funniest thing i saw was Newcastle Utd win the premiership in the 1st year of the game!! then finish 12th the next year and come no where near since.

I am in a similar situation with you but i am Man Utd.

I`m in 2017 and i have won the premiership every season bar 2, won numerous FA cups and have won the champions league for the past 4 seasons so YES, i say it does get easier in the future. It was getting a bit boring as i was winning most games so i too am trying to make a full english side at man u. The only hard part about selling off the foreign stars is that i feel sad when i put them up for transfer and they refuse :( as they have been part of my man u family for many years.

My aim is to be at the helm until 2030 but i doubt i can make it before FM 2010 comes out as it takes me almost 24 hrs to play one season and being a dad and having children i don`t get to play much.

Arsenal and Man City have been challenging me for the title a few times but finish terrible towards the end of the season.Chelsea and Liverpool are always up there (top 6) but they have an average side and regular drop points versus weak opposition. The funniest thing i saw was Newcastle Utd win the premiership in the 1st year of the game!! then finish 12th the next year and come no where near since.

Newcastle are so good in my game its not funny no more.

Newcastle were good on my game until the last few seasons. Being a Sunderland fan it was great to see them relegated in the last season I played they missed safety by 3 points, I also beat them 8-0 so its probably the best season I have had on FM.

I have found it easier as the seasons progress on my CSKA Moscow save. Im in my 4th season and have been undefeated in the league for 3 seasons and still carrying on the record. My main challenge is to win the CL as i've won the Uefa Cup back to back and i have now gotten knocked out in the semis to United. Domestically i am dominating only missing out one 1 russian cup so far ( and that was i n the first season). My main rivals are getting easier to beat even though Spartak have signed Bosingwa and Gignac recently.

Archived