FM2009 on Power PC G4 Mac

I was about to buy a 12" Powerbook G4 for traveling (figure its miles better than a netbook) but I was told that FM2009 was not compatible with the G4 macs!! This of course changes everything as if im not sitting next to the Taj Mahal or the Pyramids shouting at my assistant manager's advice then ill be lost.

Is there any way around this issue and if not, can anybody recommend an alternative laptop option - netbooks wont run it without a lot of hassle and i really need a compact laptop as i need to lug it around for a year or two

thanks for any help

ric

I was about to buy a 12" Powerbook G4 for traveling (figure its miles better than a netbook) but I was told that FM2009 was not compatible with the G4 macs!! This of course changes everything as if im not sitting next to the Taj Mahal or the Pyramids shouting at my assistant manager's advice then ill be lost.

Is there any way around this issue and if not, can anybody recommend an alternative laptop option - netbooks wont run it without a lot of hassle and i really need a compact laptop as i need to lug it around for a year or two

thanks for any help

ric

I'm running 09 on a four year old 15" G4 PowerBook.

PPC doesn't support the 3D match engine, but as long as you're on OS X 10.5 (it won't run on Tiger), everything else runs fine, despite what some people will tell you.

If 3D is important to you, you might have to consider Windows :(

Archived