Manager Reputation?

I always start my reputation as international footballer, i do this because i like the view of being an awesome player having a go at management and also you dont get any problems with the team. however i want to know what it would be like to start on a much lower reputation such as sunday league footballer, or the one above that with a team such as AC Milan?

would the team not respect me and not want to play under me, would the board back me as much? and how hard would it be to change these views?

and one final question? if i play in serie A with lowest selected league being serie C2 then what you automatic reputation be?

The automatic rep is set according to where you choose to manage. So if it auto and you choose AC Milan, then you'll probably get International Footballer anyway.

The fans are the biggest worry as far as rep goes. Players at the club should just get on with it but it may prove harder to sign other players. I tried this with Tottenham and struggled to sign players - but that may just be the fact I was Tottenham.....

I don't enjoy managing a top team with a lowly reputation - the players just seem to totally ignore my tactics and instructions!

Manager reputation is a bit iffy anyway in FM (unless it is improved in FM09). I've been "World Class" for a few seasons now at Scunthorpe in FM08. I'm very happy with the progress I have made, but in 21½ years I've won 1 promotion (after 12 years), 1 league cup and lost in a UEFA cup final as well as a string of good, but not spectacular, finishes in the EPL. If that is considered World Class then the bar is set pretty low!

I don't enjoy managing a top team with a lowly reputation - the players just seem to totally ignore my tactics and instructions!

Manager reputation is a bit iffy anyway in FM (unless it is improved in FM09). I've been "World Class" for a few seasons now at Scunthorpe in FM08. I'm very happy with the progress I have made, but in 21½ years I've won 1 promotion (after 12 years), 1 league cup and lost in a UEFA cup final as well as a string of good, but not spectacular, finishes in the EPL. If that is considered World Class then the bar is set pretty low!

YOU DID IT WITH SCUNTHORPE! I say that was super-human ;)

I can select sunday league footballer , do you have any idea why?

I reinstalled Fm after a Windows crash, after that I have this problem. i deleted the cache and preferences files, but still no.

If I start a new game, the box for sunday league footballer is grey and can not be selected :(

I always start as sunday league footballer. Also after I get some good performance I don;t have any problems.

Thanl you!

In FM08 i started with Juventus in Seria B, this is when they had 15 points deducted and i set my level at sunday league footballer. I won the league with them in my first season by 2 points and then went on from strength to strength with them, my rep growing with the team i was rebuilding. Now in FM09 i started as a pro footballer and managed Crystal Palace, in my first season i got sacked and went to Sheff Utd, i ended up resigning from them because of lack of money and debt and now im at Barnsley and all within the space of 2 seasons. Them three teams i managed the players did not want to play for me and the fans allways getting on my back. So i wreckon that FM09 is far more harder than FM08 due to the reputation and club you are managing at the time

I started unemployed as a sundya league footballer and after 4 seasons and 2 platyoff successes I am still unknown. Do I have to win a cup, award or league outright before getting my reputation changed.

Surley I should be local by now at least?

I think you are classed as world class with Scunthorpe but if you move to Man Utd you would be classed as National with your reputation. I think this is what happened with me on one of my games I was a lower league team and then I moved to a bigger club and my reputation went down.

talking about motivation i've got a question. On my current save just finished 3rd season and started as Ex International footballer...Howcome Palacio was unmotivated to play due to my low reputation despite me being World Class and being more known than him?

Do you have any idea why I can not select sunday league footballer when I start a new game?

(

Are you trying to manage a big club?

For me, only being an Ex-International or Ex-Professional player is selectable when doing that. It depends on the club's reputation.

Where as if you're trying to manage a lower side, you could choose your reputation as any of the 4 choices available.

This is of course just for the beginning of the game. You can START as sunday-league footballer and with a small club and work your way and get the bigger jobs in the top divisions of the bigger countries.

I started unemployed as a sundya league footballer and after 4 seasons and 2 platyoff successes I am still unknown. Do I have to win a cup, award or league outright before getting my reputation changed.

Surley I should be local by now at least?

I started unemployed in BSNorth. After 3 seasons and 2 promotions I become National. Now I'm in Ligue 1 and still National. I won once the BSN and played 3 cup finals. It is very odd what happens to you. I believe it's a bug. But they fixed it with the patches.

I started unemployed in BSNorth. After 3 seasons and 2 promotions I become National. Now I'm in Ligue 1 and still National. I won once the BSN and played 3 cup finals. It is very odd what happens to you. I believe it's a bug. But they fixed it with the patches.

I forgot... I was local after 1st playoff, a playoff I didn't win, but the team was to small to reach the playoff.... So you should have regional or what a little lock national, but certainly not unknown

Archived