Just an idea

Ok while i was playing FM09 and went onto the search option i have availabe, i noticed players who had a high finishing but all there other stats are rubbish, so i had this idea:

what about having different stats for the league you play in for example say a player in Coca Cola League 1 had a finishing of 12, in the Coca Cola League 2 he had a finsihing of 15 and in Coca Cola Champinship he had finsihing of 9. This is obviously because of the league differences and they will perform better or worse and they jsut wouldn't stay the same stats depending on the league.

Yeah. I can see your point, but in reality can't see it working. I mean, that would expand the details required to be stored and generated and updated a huge amount. You would have to have stats individually recorded for players across 7 leagues.

I would also be hugely peeved if my new signing looked to be the new Jairzinho, only to then look like Alex Dia on his Southampton debut.

Wasn't the guy's name Ali Dia at Southampton? I wonder how many requests the club shop got for his name on the back of shirts following his mesmerising performance?

*Checks generic-well-known-search-tool* Indeed it was Ali. I was going from my memory. Maybe I should visit BUPA ;)

If you implement that system you have to do it for all leagues and on all players. How on earth am I supposed to know the conversion rates for a guy playing in Ghana moving to play in the Hungarian 2nd division. What do you assign people who are unattached at the time?

Surely it works fine as it is that everyone has a certain rating and you just know that to be a good player in better leagues they need those ratings to be higher.

Archived