Forget bogey teams, Bogey Players! (player names)

Basically, rather than a team, does anyone have a bogey player? You know, someone who you dont hear of all season until them games against you when he produces the performance of a life-time.

I ask this because of one player, Andranik Teymourian!

In 3 save games on 09, playing as 3 different teams, in 3 different leagues he has popped and ripped my team apart, everytime! He seems to move clubs so he can face me! I know some funnyman will say "your tactics are wrong and are allowing him to play" but i'll counter that by saying my midfield has kept Gerrard and Alonso quiet 3 times this season!

So im just wondering if anyone else has a bogey player?

Ishmael Miller of course. He single handedly makes West Brom a bogie team for every FM09 player everywhere.

Robin Van Persie, whether from open play or a free kick, always scores against me.

For some reason my strikers find it impossible to ever put the ball into a net being guarded by Paul Robinson, and he gets MOTM every time.

Tim Cahill and Ashley Young have awful habits of scoring 30 yarders against me. When I'm playing their teams, even if I win the game, you can guarentee they'll score a long range effort at some point.

Oh, and Johan Elmander!

christiano ronaldo aaaggggghhhhhh even though tevez always tops the goal charts along with adebayour and darren bent sometimes, i just cant stop ronaldo when he plays against me. i even played with a lone striker and had two guys mark him and dare i say it, given instructions to try and injure him lol

Gomes (Spurs), he always has a poor average rating of less than 7 but always seems to get over an 8 and man of the match against me.

Ismael Miller (West Brom), I agree with the other posts that he made West Brom a bogey team but his goal scoring heroics seem to have been toned down since the 9.3.0 patch came out.

willians santana... I play as club brugge my mate in hotseat as standard... Williams was at anderlcht n would gurantee goal a game against either of our teams... After about 4 seasons I managed to sign him n he still terrorises my mate and all the other clubs in the league

Pavel Progrebnjak (think I spelled it right). Russian striker. In my Ajax game AZ Alkmaar bought him in the first transfer window and he's a disaster for defenders. Good at headers, strong and quick. Really difficult to handle. By far best striker in Eredivisie if you look attributes.

Only way to stop him is to pressure opposition midfielders to cut passes to Progrebnjak, because when he already has the ball, then there's trouble ahead.

Pavel Progrebnjak (think I spelled it right). Russian striker. In my Ajax game AZ Alkmaar bought him in the first transfer window and he's a disaster for defenders. Good at headers, strong and quick. Really difficult to handle. By far best striker in Eredivisie if you look attributes.

Only way to stop him is to pressure opposition midfielders to cut passes to Progrebnjak, because when he already has the ball, then there's trouble ahead.

Pavel Pogrebnyak :thup:

You think you spelt it right? :D

Anyway, it's Pogrebnyak :thup:

Just to name a coach : Wenger!

On other fm editions i was afraid of some players or teams, but on this one only one man gives me the emotions and that's Wenger, who uncovers my masterplan.

For me, the latest fm kind of eliminated the "bogey" term (eitgher team or player).

Rooney always seems to get that equaliser.

As Liverpool, I always struggle against Utd, always. I'll hammer them but their rock solid defence just soaks up any kind of attack I throw at them.

Adebayor is severely good on this game.

He always gets a brace against me sadly. Agger and Skrtel can never handle his height or pace.

Danny Guthrie scored the winner for City against me in the F.A Cup final. Always gets one against me.

Ismael "Bloody" Miller.

He always manages to score against me when I am playing away from.

I have been thinking about buying him in every save just so he doesnt ALWAYS score against me and of course only use him against West Brom :D

-Ishmael Miller!!!

-Jermaine Defoe (every time..)

-Luke Moore (not so much anymore)

-Diego Milito

And there's also some jerk on Hertha Berlin I think named Steve von Bergen who always scores against me on corners. I hate him and his stats aren't even that good. When I played Switzerland in the World Cup, guess who you think sent the game into extra time with a last minute goal from a corner? And who do you think knocked me out of said World Cup with a penalty? Damn you Steve von Bergen!

Archived