Is there an document or webpage that elaborates on player attributes?

Hey all,

I'm looking for a website or document that elaborates on the definition of each of the player stats and how they affect the game.

For instance: I'm unsure what 'Flair' does exactly and when it's good to have a high rating in that particular skill.

I'm trying to help a friend learn how to play and figured a guide on how to scout - which positions require which attributes (I already have this info) and what those attributes mean - would be a good place to start.

I don't want to reinvent the wheel if one has already been created.

Thanks.

werkz

EDIT: Found it here: Football Manager for Dummies

The manual?

Think of flair as "the ability to do dummies, feigns and tricks". It's sort of an extension of dribbling. I relate it directly to the amount of creative freedom a player gets. Ronaldinho a few years back would be the highest flair possible

Hey all,

I'm looking for a website or document that elaborates on the definition of each of the player stats and how they affect the game.

For instance: I'm unsure what 'Flair' does exactly and when it's good to have a high rating in that particular skill.

I'm trying to help a friend learn how to play and figured a guide on how to scout - which positions require which attributes (I already have this info) and what those attributes mean - would be a good place to start.

I don't want to reinvent the wheel if one has already been created.

Thanks.

werkz

Flair is the ability to do the unexpected. Think of Messi, Ronaldo :)

The ability to pull an overhead kick off from nowhere, the backheels, the dummies and shimmies.

It's very useful when combined with other attributes like Technique, First Touch, Dribbling, Creativity etc.

A creative player may find it tough against a solid defender, but with a high-flair attribute he might be able to pull off a move or pass that nobody expected and get the better of the defender.

Flair is the ability to do the unexpected. Think of Messi, Ronaldo :)

The ability to pull an overhead kick off from nowhere, the backheels, the dummies and shimmies.

It's very useful when combined with other attributes like Technique, First Touch, Dribbling, Creativity etc.

A creative player may find it tough against a solid defender, but with a high-flair attribute he might be able to pull off a move or pass that nobody expected and get the better of the defender.

This is more what I was looking for. The manual is all well & good, but in PRACTICE how does it affect the game mechanics and player behaviour.

I know certain attributes have a synergy with them and I was looking for a guide to some of the less obvious ones.

Pace, Agility & Acceleration: Obvious.

Jumping, Headers & ______: Is there another one that combines in to make a TRULY dominant aerial force on defence? Technique? Determination? Stength?

Finishing, Composure, Technique: High likelihood of quality shots.

And on and on.

Thanks to you guys, I learned that when I face a particularly stout defence, that a mix of some High Creative & Flair guys (presumably with great dribbling skills & technique) will have a better degree of success than someone who SIMPLY has high creativity.

I was looking for more of this type of thing.

World Class defenders must have 'Concentration' and 'Anticipation' and 'Decisions' to counter-act the Attackers 'Flair' etc. These are often ignored or misunderstood :)

Time and time again i've seen people wheel out their "top defenders" and they wouldn't get anywhere near my side because they can't concentrate well enough, can't anticipate the next move and are indecisive.

Checkout Joseph Yobo from Everton. Im a big Everton fan in real life and the guy is a solid CB, fast, good tackler, strong and can head/jump but at times he just switches off completely and makes mistakes that Titus Bramble would squirm at. Joeys concentration and decisions should be low in the game and i think they are. He's a good defender, but he's not top class.

Thanks swisso. I'll definitely be putting more time looking at older, mentally tougher defenders who possess those traits. My experience, most of the youths don't have those stats all rated highly.

For anyone else who was curious, I found this article: Football Manager for Dummies.

It's from another webpage, so if linking like that is not allowed, please delete this post. I know some forums have that rule. After a quick read (so far) it seems to connect each stat with its pairings. Seems like a great starter guide for my friend. :thup:

You could also look at the FAQ thread in the Tactics forum

Haven't actually ventured in there yet. Other sites tended to just have - "l00k 4t mi mazing 1-1-5-2-1 All-Forward-Runs tactic !!!1!11 itz teh best! lolzz" - so I just stopped checking them out. My mistake: assuming. :o

Archived