Squad Harmony?

Wandered if anyone could help me. I have a few players who "Dismayed by lack of harmony at the club" in their slight concerns area. Does this mean that there are on to many egos in the dressing room?

Little bit of background. Took over Newcastle just after the Jan '09 transfer window, they were 19th when i took over. Havn't brought anyone in apart from Ben foster on loan from Utd. Now at the end of season finished 11th. Quite a few players have this in their slight concerns area. Had a look at the squad harmony bar in Confidence-other, and it says okay.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry if posted in wrong place.

Check what you assistant has to say. Go to Assistant Advice > Team Talk Feedback. You'll see what he thinks about the team morale there.

There might be a player or two who are disliked by a majority of the squad and that's causing the problem.

Was it the same when you took over at the club in Jan? If it was, then its probably just because you were doing so poorly. But it should have improved by now tbh.

Try offering the concerned players new contracts and see if that sorts the problem out. It should improve their morale for sure. Also, if there are any who're not needed in your tem, sell them off.

Lastly, who is you captain and what is his influence, bravery & determination like?? Having a captain with high stats in those 3 areas is very important as he will most likely keep your squad in check and help them gel. Michael Owen is not a good captain atleast on the game. At Newcastle, Coloccini is probably your best bet to be captain. And probably Steven Taylor as Vice Captain.

I always thought things like that were linked to Morale. I bet the players Morale will be in the basement if you took them over at 19th in January. I'd start building the players up a bit, go easy on the team talks a bit more. A few more "Good trys" after loses and "Wish Luck" before games, and for those really struggling a couple "Faith in Ability" lines.

But while saying that, I think the only surefire way to get the players on the same page again is to win.

I'm pretty sure players say on their personal page if they dislike someone btw. In that case you can hope it goes away before the transfer window, or you're gonna have to look at which one is getting the chop.

Check what you assistant has to say. Go to Assistant Advice > Team Talk Feedback. You'll see what he thinks about the team morale there.

There might be a player or two who are disliked by a majority of the squad and that's causing the problem.

Was it the same when you took over at the club in Jan? If it was, then its probably just because you were doing so poorly. But it should have improved by now tbh.

Try offering the concerned players new contracts and see if that sorts the problem out. It should improve their morale for sure. Also, if there are any who're not needed in your tem, sell them off.

Lastly, who is you captain and what is his influence, bravery & determination like?? Having a captain with high stats in those 3 areas is very important as he will most likely keep your squad in check and help them gel. Michael Owen is not a good captain atleast on the game. At Newcastle, Coloccini is probably your best bet to be captain. And probably Steven Taylor as Vice Captain.

I think you might be right with the captain thing. Michael Owen is my Captain at the mo, with steven taylor vice captain. Just finished the season and finished 11th after i took them over. Colloccini looks unhappy and quite a few big clubs are circling. So looks like i'l have to sell him. So i think best bet is to have steven taylor as captain. What do you think?

One of the reasons i found for a lack of harmony was players wanted to leave and me rejected transfer bids for them. Although i am 4th with M'boro some of my top players have had their heads turned by Man Utd, Inter and Arsenal but i keep rejecting bids in the hope i can change their minds once the transfer window is shut! Have you rejected any bids for players who may want to leave?

One of the reasons i found for a lack of harmony was players wanted to leave and me rejected transfer bids for them. Although i am 4th with M'boro some of my top players have had their heads turned by Man Utd, Inter and Arsenal but i keep rejecting bids in the hope i can change their minds once the transfer window is shut! Have you rejected any bids for players who may want to leave?

Now that the season is about to start the players with squad harmony issues have now seem to have dropped these issues and seem happy with the squad harmony. Haven't changed the captain or anything like that. Sold a couple of players that didn't feature in my plans, perhapps this had something to do with it, idon't know?

But anyways squad seem happy and have no issues.

Coolio

Archived