The B Team Manager Challenge

After successfully completing the San Marino challenge I'm now looking for a new one. My suggestion is, that a challenge is based around being only a B Team manager of any of the teams in the Second Division B of Spain.

I'm through one season with Athletic Club in Spain and have all the Spanish leagues loaded. I noticed that their 'B Team' is called Bilbao Athletic and:

- has a completely seperate manager;

- is able to sign their own players;

- is currently in Secunda B1; and

- can be controlled by human managers.

The aim of the Challenge is to take your B Team to either a cup win or to the highest they can be placed (that will be no higher than champion of the league below your parent club) I suppose the ideal way to complete it would be to legitimately try and take over the 'A Team' but i feel this might be a bridge too far.

The teams that are playable (I may have missed a couple of B Teams) are:

Real Madrid Castilla

Barcelona B

Osasuna B

Bilbao Athletic

Las Palmas B

Athletico B

Valencia B

Real Sociedad B

As far as I am aware, only La Liga has such an arrangement. I looked into Germany and you cannot control Bayern II so i doubt its possible.

This could be a relatively short challenge, or a really long and frustrating one, I'd guess it would depend on how the manager of the 'A Team' treats you, and whether he provides you with or snatches any promising youngsters from you.

If this has been suggested before, then i do apologise- i did do a quick search but drew a blank. If anyone fancies a stab at this or has any suggestions for evolving the challenge then let me know.

Yea thats the only problem with these sort of things u could have a raw talent and he could score 18 goals in like 23 games and then get took away into the big team but i wonder if you could use your main club into getting there young players coming to you

And btw you cant go higher than a certin divison its the spanish rules im pretty sure the b teams cant play in the 2nd tier of there leagues

Yeah Rab thats right, the B Team cannot operate in a higher league than their parent A team. So if you were Barcelona B in Secunda Liga and Barcelona got relegated to the same league, Barcelona B would automatically get relegated to Secunda B1/2/3/4.

From what ive seen at Bilbao Athletic, you get your own transfer budget, reputation and the capacity to improve your stadium and facilities.

I suppose a way around the 'A' team manager poaching your best players would be to add another manager and have them in charge of the 'A' team on holiday.

Yeah Rab thats right, the B Team cannot operate in a higher league than their parent A team. So if you were Barcelona B in Secunda Liga and Barcelona got relegated to the same league, Barcelona B would automatically get relegated to Secunda B1/2/3/4.

From what ive seen at Bilbao Athletic, you get your own transfer budget, reputation and the capacity to improve your stadium and facilities.

I suppose a way around the 'A' team manager poaching your best players would be to add another manager and have them in charge of the 'A' team on holiday.

Lol dunno why they would do it tho i dont mind trying this out tbh ive always wanted to do something like this but i think it would be boring having to play in the same league altho these teams aint as good and they always seem to struggle

Yeah, I can see where you are coming from Rab, but you'd still have to get out of Secunda B1/2/3/4 which is a ballache, then youve got the challenge of either the cup or the Liga Adelante title.

I'm pretty sure Real Madrids 'B' team played in Europe after winning or coming runner up in the cup, so there is hope!

Archived