Regens - Obscure Countries

For the first time in my FM days I have decided to manage an obscure nation (which needs players to be loaded up from the nation to be playable) along with a club team. The country I am managing is mauritius and on the player search screen a huge 36 people are available for me to select from. Has anyone had experience of managing small nations and have had regens coming through to increase/maintain the amount of elegible players and have anyone had very good regens come through for small nations?

PS I am aware that in 08 quite a lot of world class regens came from very small (in terms of football quality) nations. But I am only talking about FM 09 here.

iv had a save with a nation who didnt appear in the world rankings (cant remember who shows how good they where) 3rd year in i won them there 1st trophy thx to a load of regens who jus somehow came through together i managed to get them into the last spot of the world rankings and gave up from annoyence

its alot of fun if the nation has a decent youth set up of like 16-17 year olds who can come through in a few seasons helps alot

On FM07, I applied to be manager of a whole host of countries of various sizes, ranging from the vacant position in charge of Argentina to the top job in Libya. After much deliberating, I accepted an offer from Nepal. In hindsight, it probably wasn't my best move. IIRC, I had about 40-ish players to choose from (I always play with the largest database and load nations like their going out of fashion - hey, if you can, why not?) but each of the 40 odd journeymen and youngsters were lacking any talent whatsoever.

On an odd note, France offered me their manager's job at the same time, yet Mauritius clearly didn't fancy me much. What gives?

Maybe the Mauritius FA are completely mad, as they don't want a very good manager in charge of their national football team - whereas the french do.

oh, i thought the french hired crap managers anyway *ahem*world cup 2002*ahem*euro 2008*ahem*

On FM07, I applied to be manager of a whole host of countries of various sizes, ranging from the vacant position in charge of Argentina to the top job in Libya. After much deliberating, I accepted an offer from Nepal. In hindsight, it probably wasn't my best move. IIRC, I had about 40-ish players to choose from (I always play with the largest database and load nations like their going out of fashion - hey, if you can, why not?) but each of the 40 odd journeymen and youngsters were lacking any talent whatsoever.

it must be luck of the draw as i managed nepal last year on fm08 and they had 200-300 players to choose from and maybe 20 decent ones and 4 world class ones

Archived