Telling the difference between types of feeder partnerships...

Ok silly question.

As Man CIty I have quite a few feeders.

On some, it says something like " A mutual partnership in which both clubs benefit"

Is this a commercial link? Not playing just now but pretty sure I have a Thai feeder and a CHinese Feeder.

I presume they are commercial but how can I be sure?

If so, what is the best way of maximising the potentioal earnings? Players of that nationality? Friendlys? Tours?

I also have a Grasshoppers as a "work permit club" Surley this is not of great benefit since it takes 5 years to get Swiss nationallity

Yes it's a commercial link.Potential earnings depden on you reputation and the reputation of you feder club and how much money you are paying to them.

Any idea how highly Thai teams are rated. I'm thinking not very high!

I'm assuming this feeder came from the previous owner - Shinawatra.

Ok silly question.

As Man CIty I have quite a few feeders.

On some, it says something like " A mutual partnership in which both clubs benefit"

Is this a commercial link? Not playing just now but pretty sure I have a Thai feeder and a CHinese Feeder.

I presume they are commercial but how can I be sure?

If so, what is the best way of maximising the potentioal earnings? Players of that nationality? Friendlys? Tours?

I also have a Grasshoppers as a "work permit club" Surley this is not of great benefit since it takes 5 years to get Swiss nationallity

The only 'financial incentive' feeder clubs, ie. clubs that bring in a noticable amount of merchandise sales are from Japan, China and the US. I've never seen any Thai club affliate listed as 'major benefit to merchandise sales'. It's not been proven that clubs from elsewhere such as France, Italy, Spain etc bring in merchandise sales and i've never seen any concrete evidence that they do.

Also, it's not been proven that signing say, Chinese players when you have a Chinese feeder club, will bring major increases in merchandise sales. The same goes for Touring those respective countries. It's certaintly possible, but all i've ever seen is ramblings from FM gamers, never any concrete evidence or testing to say it happens.

But it is something that interests me, and i'm going to test it soon in my Barcelona game.

If I remember correctly the thai club linked to man city is from Shinawatra yes, and that is only a national loan deal or something like it... and first option perhaps... nothing you'll likely ever gain anything from

The only 'financial incentive' feeder clubs, ie. clubs that bring in a noticable amount of merchandise sales are from Japan, China and the US. I've never seen any Thai club affliate listed as 'major benefit to merchandise sales'. It's not been proven that clubs from elsewhere such as France, Italy, Spain etc bring in merchandise sales and i've never seen any concrete evidence that they do.

Also, it's not been proven that signing say, Chinese players when you have a Chinese feeder club, will bring major increases in merchandise sales. The same goes for Touring those respective countries. It's certaintly possible, but all i've ever seen is ramblings from FM gamers, never any concrete evidence or testing to say it happens.

But it is something that interests me, and i'm going to test it soon in my Barcelona game.

I'd be interested in the results.

Personally I don't see the point of having a commercial feeder club if it does not give any clear indication of what the advantages are. If I had a Japanese club and signed Nakamura I would like to see a news item suggesting a windfall.

I also remeber the player Nakata. He played for Perugia then Roma and everytime I watched him I thought "this guy is extremely overrated" For a central midfielder a lot of the play passed him by and he never seemed very creative, nor did he "stamp his authority on a game" the way players like Gattuso and Pirlo do nowadays.

Obviously having him in the team had a finanical motive attatched to it.

I'd be interested in the results.

Personally I don't see the point of having a commercial feeder club if it does not give any clear indication of what the advantages are. If I had a Japanese club and signed Nakamura I would like to see a news item suggesting a windfall.

I also remeber the player Nakata. He played for Perugia then Roma and everytime I watched him I thought "this guy is extremely overrated" For a central midfielder a lot of the play passed him by and he never seemed very creative, nor did he "stamp his authority on a game" the way players like Gattuso and Pirlo do nowadays.

Obviously having him in the team had a finanical motive attatched to it.

I agree 100%

My teams merchandise sales have risen from 2mill per month in 2008 to over 7mill per month in 2013. In that time i've toured the US once, and gained a US and Chinese feeder club, as well as signing some high-rep players that brought shirt sales.

But it remains unclear just how much of the merchandise sales is down to what. Did my US Tour bring any dosh in? How much and how often do the US and Chinese links bring in? Does signing a US/Chinese player bring any financial benefits to my team?

All unanswered questions :)

to set up a tour do you just make loads of friendlies between clubs all in the same nation? or is there actually an option to tour some place?

There's an option to create a tour when you create a friendly, in the drop down box the options are league, cup, tour etc

I think it's 3 games.

... you do get a news item saying you'll get a commercial windfall when signing high rep players from those nations.

Is this dependent on whether or not you have a feeder club in those nations? Or is it simply that Far Eastern players have huge fan bases inm their own countires?

I honestly think that SI should expand their financial feeder system. Japan, China and US are NOT the only countries which provide a major financial boost in terms of merchandise and fans.

Countries like Singapore, Hong Kong and even Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia to a lesser extent, contribute almost as much, if not more, in terms of merchandise sales and fans to the EPL clubs.

... you do get a news item saying you'll get a commercial windfall when signing high rep players from those nations.

Could you expand on that a little bit? :)

It's not that i don't beleive you, but nobody ever seems to ellaborate on what happened.

Who did you sign, from which club and nation? Did you have any feeder affiliations with his home nation?

I honestly think that SI should expand their financial feeder system. Japan, China and US are NOT the only countries which provide a major financial boost in terms of merchandise and fans.

Countries like Singapore, Hong Kong and even Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia to a lesser extent, contribute almost as much, if not more, in terms of merchandise sales and fans to the EPL clubs.

They are adopting a simplistic view to reflect the economic prowess of the above 3 countries, which are by far the 3 largest economies of the world, so they are assumed to have the largest domestic consumption power in terms of merchadising opportunities and fans.

I also live in Singapore, though we have a significant EPL fan base but our population is still minute compared to those mega 3. Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia have plenty too but they can only be considered a force if all are lumped together as a region, as single country, their economic impact is much smaller. In reality, many EPL clubs are already recognising the merchadising potential of the region and have been visiting the region in summer tours alongside the likes of USA, Japan and China.

There's an option to create a tour when you create a friendly, in the drop down box the options are league, cup, tour etc

I think it's 3 games.

thanks, never knew that, im off to america for pre season :)

thanks, never knew that, im off to america for pre season :)

BUT... there isn't any evidence (as yet) that it had any benefits in terms of merchandise income etc :D

I'm currently in the process of experimenting with a US feeder club, so i'll have a look what happens when i arrange a tour.

They are adopting a simplistic view to reflect the economic prowess of the above 3 countries, which are by far the 3 largest economies of the world, so they are assumed to have the largest domestic consumption power in terms of merchadising opportunities and fans.

I also live in Singapore, though we have a significant EPL fan base but our population is still minute compared to those mega 3. Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia have plenty too but they can only be considered a force if all are lumped together as a region, as single country, their economic impact is much smaller. In reality, many EPL clubs are already recognising the merchadising potential of the region and have been visiting the region in summer tours alongside the likes of USA, Japan and China.

We may be small, but I think financially we are strong and we certainly pay a lot to support EPL clubs. Look at how much we pay for jerseys and the cable rights to watch matches. I figure that alone would be far more than the average Chinese in China.

There is no doubt about our financial stability but it is the absolute number that matters, at most we will have 2 million fans. China alone will have 400 to 500 times more, that is the significant amount that differentiates.

There is no doubt about our financial stability but it is the absolute number that matters, at most we will have 2 million fans. China alone will have 400 to 500 times more, that is the significant amount that differentiates.

They win in terms of numbers, but not every Chinese (or American for that matter) watches the EPL, or can afford to, or has the money to buy their merchandise. In terms of fans as a percentage of population, and also amount spent per fan, I'd still say we would win.

Archived