board confidence

im playing as benfica and the min expectations from my board was to challenge for the la liga sagres this season. the media expectations was a 3rd place finish. well i ended up finishing 2nd place on 74 points, porto won the league also on 74 points and where only champions due to an extra +6 goal difference. at the end of the season the board said they where dissappionted by the poor performance in the league this season and unhappy to only qualify for the champions league........whats wrong with them!!! i challenged for the league and was only a gnats nacker away from winning it??? also got above media expectations surely they should be happy.

Sometimes there's no pleasing them.

Even on player purchases, I signed an Argentinian wonderkid who i'd been scouting since he was 16, brought him to my club but he didnt settle in well, scored a hatrick in the League Cup but was pretty rubbish the rest of the season, the board didn't like me signing him in the first place despite 10 other top teams in europe also being after him. In the end they accepeted an offer from Munich for less than half what I bought him for... THEN they had the cheek to be p*ssed that he was sold :/

Confidence really has been an addition I have never liked. It doesnt take into account various factors and therefore only looks at where you finish in the table, how many goals/ how many apps has your signings made and the opposition you come against in the cups. It really needs to be revamped IMO and made a lot better as I think it could turn out be a very good feature if it fufills its potential.

lol, thats actually quite funny.

lol, I would have cried if they'd sold one of my better performing players. They've been pretty good on players I don't want to sell, the ones that I seem to ignore and throw in the reserves they have nothing against selling.

Only issue is that they don't often mind how much they get for the players. I buy cheap and sell big, playing as Rushden and Diamonds means my balance isn't amazing even in my 3rd season in the Prem so if they get "good" bids they scream with joy and accept if the player isn't important lol.

Hazzydeepy: I have seen a few times in my games when playing as Southampton or lower teams that if I get knocked out of a cup against better teams like Man Utd, Arsenal etc.... that the board aint happy with not reaching minimum expectation but understand being knocked out by whoever it was so obviously they do take note of the team you play but I do agree that it could be made ALOT better than what it currently is

In my third season at At. Madrid I finished 3rd after saying I would qualify for europe. Me, Barca and R. Madrid all finished on 94 points but I lost league due to matches against the other two, the board were very happy and I was classed as a "Popular Manager". I start a new season and before I even play a league game I am now an "Under-Pressure Manager" which is ridiculous quite frankly.

Archived