Two strong feet vs one in FM

Hello. I've heard people say stuff like "i only sign players with two strong feet," and I don't know what they mean. What does a player having two strong feet in FM mean for their performances that say a player with the exact same attributes and everything wouldn't have if they only had one strong feet?

And is the whole two strong feet thing what makes players perform well who don't appear to have good attributes?

like ive heard ben arfa is good even though his attributes arent anything special to my eye anyway, but then i checked and he has two strong feet so that made me wonder.

anyway, what's two strong feet mean in fm?

And if you have players with one strong foot and one weak is there any way to develop his other foot? maybe position training him on the side of his weak foot? (ive done that in the past just because its logical without knowing if FM actually works in a logical way in that regard. wouldnt count on it.)

Anyway is there anyone who knows for certain what two footedness means to player performance and if you actually had two similar players in the actual game who were created with actual attributes given to them by the development team (as opposed to someone just giving equal CA's and PA's to two players without assigning attributes like the person did in the above topic I believe), what would it mean to one of those players' performances if he was two footed and the other player was only one footed???

the way i see it at the moment is that one footed players with higher attributes are better. two footed players seem to look better on the 3d game engine because they are more dimensional and fluent on the match engine. but the guy with one foot and 19 for finishing is gonna put more away than the two footed guy who misses chance after chance because he is playing in the premier league and his finishing is 13 or 12 or even 11 though he is edited to be a world beater with 20 for finishing. thats what i have seen so far from experience anyway although it might work itself after so many seasons wheareas potential ability is fulfilled. can you imagine putting pele in the game? he'd be full of 12's and 13's lol

if you have a player who can only use his right foot and you play him on the left wing then showing him onto his left foot will put him at a huge disadvantage. if i am trying to sign a player who can play on both wings it's a main priority that he is 2 footed. i think it matters much less for amc, cm and strikers

Let me explain it to you.

It just another skill and its usefulness depends on the position.

From my experience being two-footed is useless for GK's,defenders,Fullbacks etc. as they make very rarely use of their weaker foot.

Now for players in the offencive it CAN be a huge advantage if they have the stats to back it up.

Now regarding ''show them on their weaker foot'',if he's world class and has 1 for his WFA then showing him on his weaker foot is useless,because chances are he's from a physical and mental point of view so much better that he'll get himself in position.

I feel it makes no difference at all I have had Messi in one of my teams and with the same instructions I gave to a regen playing AMR Messi was out scored, out assisted and the regens average rating was alot higher.

I've run games where I've edited all of my players, using FMRTE, to be one-footed, and in another save I've made all of my players two-footed.

Both teams are excellent and win the majority of the competitions they participate in.

Personally I prefer one-footed players because I enjoy seeing high-value attributes. I hope the way the two-footed players have their attributes decreased simply because they are two-footed is reevaluated and refashioned. Players' acceleration, for example, isn't affected by their ability to play football with both feet. It seems silly that physical attributes, for instance, are marked down because a player is two-footed. Same applies for other attributes.

Cheers

Archived