okay, stupid question time... how do I manage a side like Liechenstein?

Selecting "nations" when I add a manager only gives me "big" nations like Argentina, Brazil, Nigeria, etc. How do you manage Lichenstien, San Marino, Andorra, etc.?

I'm just going to check Ter's "San Marino double" thread to see if that holds the answer...

Yeah, I know. FC Vaduz are the only manageable Liechtenstein club. But I can't actually select the national side- they literally aren't an option. I have loaded all the twenty or so players and selected both Swiss leagues.

Yeah, Nomis and i worked out the problem is that the principality don't have enough players. Full stop. There's about twenty five in the db. I'm going to recreate a few Liechtenstein legends (the mighty Harry Zech, Patrick Hefti, etc.) to make up the numbers.

And what a coincidental name you have, jld :)

Have you ever heard of jod123? L and O are right next to each other on the keyboard...

I have. I've often glanced at the poster name, thought it was me, then read the post and thought "I don't remember this?! I've never used an editor, I play by LLM rules! Why have I not capitalised? Somebody must have hacked into my account. Who do I PM about this? Maybe I'll just....oh.... it's not me."

That's nearly every time I read one of his/her posts.

I have. I've often glanced at the poster name, thought it was me, then read the post and thought "I don't remember this?! I've never used an editor, I play by LLM rules! Why have I not capitalised? Somebody must have hacked into my account. Who do I PM about this? Maybe I'll just....oh.... it's not me."

That's nearly every time I read one of his/her posts.

Jod is a her.

Yeah, Nomis and i worked out the problem is that the principality don't have enough players. Full stop. There's about twenty five in the db. I'm going to recreate a few Liechtenstein legends (the mighty Harry Zech, Patrick Hefti, etc.) to make up the numbers.

Yes, I worked this out as well.

What you could do is wait for a season and then the regens promoted into the FC Vaduz squad should be enough to make Liechtenstein playable. I tested this and it only took a season because they are only a few players short.

C.

Load with the Norwegian league active, and select to have the game start in february 09. I just did this and was able to start off as Liechtenstein-manager.

Easy work-around: Edit any team's stadium to be located in Liechenstein. This will make the youth at the club Liechenstein-ian (sp?), which should add enough players for the national pool for you to be manager. If you want this to have as little game impact as possible, I'd choose one of the sides from the lowest league you have loaded.

from what ive seen in the game you have to select the swiss league, have all players from liechenstein selected then wait a few seasons for regens from Vaduz to come about.

Easiest way and it only takes one season.

Load with the Norwegian league active, and select to have the game start in february 09. I just did this and was able to start off as Liechtenstein-manager.

Good idea this and worth a try if you don't want to holiday the first year.

C.

• 1 month later...

A question to go with this: When you play as Fc Vaduz: Do your players get Liechtenstein or Switzerland as second nationality? Would be nice to get some Brazilians in the national team ;-)

I've never gotten them this far (strangely my Vaduz games always crash around 4-5th season), but I understand FM2009 shows 'the number of days until 2nd nationality'. So if anyone is playing in Switzerland...

Archived