Media Exaggeration or Time to Get Excited?

I'm coming towards the end of my second season with Port Vale having won the playoffs the previous season to win promotion to League One. In the last few months there's been rumours of a takeover and now I've just been told the new tycoon will give me £27million to spend on transfers! Surely this can't be right? I had to check it wasn't April 1st!! Does the media usually talk up the amounts or is this about the amount I should expect? The tycoon is Maltease, David Lea or something... The reason I ask is because I can't play until tomorrow afternoon and I'm desperate to find out!

I'm coming towards the end of my second season with Port Vale having won the playoffs the previous season to win promotion to League One. In the last few months there's been rumours of a takeover and now I've just been told the new tycoon will give me £27million to spend on transfers! Surely this can't be right? I had to check it wasn't April 1st!! Does the media usually talk up the amounts or is this about the amount I should expect? The tycoon is Maltease, David Lea or something... The reason I ask is because I can't play until tomorrow afternoon and I'm desperate to find out!

It's only a rough figure, could be more, could be less, but if the takeover happens it seems as if you'll definitely have a nice wedge to spend! :thup::D

Am I likely to be kept on though? My current board aren't exactly delighted with me, despite sitting quite comfortably in 13th atm, safe from promotion having won promotion the season before, so I'm terrified for my job! I'm really enjoying the challenge with Vale would be gutted to get laid off! Anything over one million would drastically change the team, twenty-seven million would be insane. Though is that really realistic? I can't think of a team outside of the top flight ever having anything remotely near this amount!

I can't think of a team outside of the top flight ever having anything remotely near this amount!

QPR? Watford? Even Reading, Birmingham, and Wigan? Admittedly none of them spent all that, but they had/have it.

As for your job, it is literally down to luck. If you save before the takeover, sometimes you'll keep your job, sometimes you won't.

I'd disagree with all those clubs. Yes they're owners have had access to billions but can't think of any examples where they've shelled out over £2.5mil on any player. If I'm handed anything like £27mil it may ruin the game, and make it too easy! Going to be an interesting couple of months....

i got a takeover like that as rangers back in 9.2.

Got £30m to spend in winter and then another £40m in summer... then £50m+ every year after.

Ruined the game for me.

By far my favourite aspect is buying cheap players and selling them on later for more... (all the while trying to win a european trophy without effectively buying a win).

Wowawooaaa, the media was accurate, David Lia pumped in 27million, paying off debts, upgrading training facilities and giving me £11million to spend, as well as nearly doubling my £30k wage budget. I can't work out yet whether or not this too has ruined my game, as I enjoy the scrimping and saving aspect of the game, picking up freebies. Whilst I've only spent cash on 2 players (David Clarkson, £2.2mil off Palace and Left back good prospect from Celtic, £275k) I've been able to attract players who probably belong in the league above. The aforementioned Clarkson has won MOM in 3 of the 4 matches so far, and looks far too good at League One level. I am hoping the ambition of the new board will still make this game a challenge... Has anyone else been given anything like this amount of cash outside the top flight?

I'd disagree with all those clubs. Yes they're owners have had access to billions but can't think of any examples where they've shelled out over £2.5mil on any player. If I'm handed anything like £27mil it may ruin the game, and make it too easy! Going to be an interesting couple of months....

Birmingham and Wigan have, but in the Premiership.

Archived