Scored from a corner

There's far too many goals scored directly from corners in FM09 to be considered realistic IMO.

In my first season as Altrincham in the BSP, of the 12 goals my team conceded in the league all season, half were directly from the corner takers. My team also scored three and I lost count how many times my corner taker hit the crossbar. Second season, similarly unrealistic occurances of this type of goal. I could be wrong of course, but it's normally the sort of "freak" goal you would see once or twice at most, during the course of a league season, from all teams involved.

I'm sure it's something SI are aware of and will look to correct for FM10.

There's far too many goals scored directly from corners in FM09 to be considered realistic IMO.

In my first season as Altrincham in the BSP, of the 12 goals my team conceded in the league all season, half were directly from the corner takers. My team also scored three and I lost count how many times my corner taker hit the crossbar. Second season, similarly unrealistic occurances of this type of goal. I could be wrong of course, but it's normally the sort of "freak" goal you would see once or twice at most, during the course of a league season, from all teams involved.

I'm sure it's something SI are aware of and will look to correct for FM10.

Your concerned about realism and yet your team only conceded 12 goals in your first season :confused:

Can't say I agree with this to be honest.

5 seasons in total and I have not seen one.

Fleck takes my corners as well!

I'd put this down to coincidence since it doesn't seem to affect everyone's game.

12 in a season is a lot though.

Mind you Rangers v Dundee a few years ago had 3 penalty misses!

Archived