Match Day Preparation Idea(s)

Sorry for not posting this in the suggestion thread but I'd like some opinions.

This was my post replying on a thread about match-day build up and preparation.

I agree. Maybe deciding how to travel to an away match? I think that's usually a manager's choice, if the finances were bad then you'd have to go down on the day, if not book yourself in to a hotel a day before, or a week before depending on how much you've got and how much training time you are willing to give up. How good the hotel is would affect how much it would cost and how happy the players are. If you're a Premiership club maybe you'd be flying from London to Manchester for big matches.

Maybe selecting who is taking care of the warm-up. At Stockport the goalkeeping coach is normally out on the pitch with the first choice keeper for about an hour, then about half an hour before kick-off they go off and the strikers take shots at the reserve keeper. The Assistant Manager is usually in charge of the main warm-up, the Captain does a bit of a warm-up with the defence, while the Manager is inside, checking the opposition's team sheet or whatever, then everyone goes in for the pre-match talk.

Good ideas, bad ideas? Opinions welcome.

Ive got to agree with spurz and hamilton, its a way too complicated idea, there would be to much to add, like you said about travel, SI would have to research every airport for each playable league, which one a club is most likely to travel from and to for different games, along with travel time as well. And thats just for travelling by plane.

Maybe there could be a one-time choice, at the season's start, to pick the level of travel arrangements (if managers pick that) and the intensity of warm-up before the match. Or add a Team Training feature that lets you pick how much to concentrate on physical warm-up and mental warm-up (game prep). Something that you set once and can just let be if you want. Just trying to think of some ways to make the OP's suggestion work well in the game.

i think it is a bit compliacted but could be toned down, players dont get injured in the warm up on the game, this could be implemented in the game if you could contorl the warm up of the players

Archived