Minimum release fee

Just want to relay a little incident that has happened on my game which I absolutely love. I can't be bothered to upload any pics, so you'll just have to take my word for it:

I have been interested in signing Juan Manuel Mata for Arsenal since season one. I had nowhere near enough money to buy him in seaon one. He has a minimum release fee of 55,000,000. Anyway, at the start of season two, I was given 37.5 million to spend and I made him my No.1 target. I made about ten offers ranging from 25 million up to 50 million (!) offering exchange players and all kinds of other sweeteners. Valencia wouldn't budge. I tried sweetening the player and the manager. The player was interested but not desperate. The manager insulted me. Well, I was about to give up when I heard that he had accepted a new contract from Valencia. I thought stuff it, I want this player, I'm just going to offer the minimum release fee if I can afford it. I went to the offer screen and to my shock his new minimum release fee was now 12,000,000. Thanks Valencia! Obviously, I have snapped him up and can now spend a kings ransom on someone else.

tee hee, anyone else had experiences like this?

i too got messi for 37.5 mill for utd, it said he wasn't interested in the contract, but i offered him equal to ronaldo £120,000 with no signing on fee and he accepted immediately.

Also could have got marcelo for 6mill (his min clause was previously 125mill)

This is a major bug that I think must have popped up in 9.0.2 or 9.0.3

I'm Man United and just sold Hargreaves to Atletico Madrid. His value is 13m pounds i think, and his release clause was also 13m. Usually the players in Spain put some ridiculous figure in their contracts, at least 40m+ for the best players, unless a new rule is implemented that i'm not aware of.

One thing i hate (well not that much, little problem not complaing) but is when managing in Spain, i can never be bothered with contracts and stuff, so i set my Assmannn! to renew contracts, but they always put low ones on, i had a regen that had amazing stats, won footballer of the year, he decided to renew it for no reason (3 years left on the contract) and he put the minimum release to 30 mill!! When his value was around 25 mill, nearly lost a star player as every club was after him!

This doesn't have to be a bug. Sometimes players demand lower release clauses in new contracts to help them get moves away from clubs. Clubs think if we can keep a hold of the player for one or 2 more seasons, then get the new minimum its worth doing.

Archived