New to the FM series

I traded in some games the other day and manged to pick up FM 09 for PC and FM 06 for the Xbox 360.I do have a couple of questions.

1.Training I am not after specifics but in general is it beteer to leave the default at general training for a couple of months then create individual schedules.Or create individual schedules straiht off.

2.Do the same priniples hold for FM 06 xbox 360 version as for fm09 eg training signing players gauging coaches attributes.

3.I am partially sighted and am having a hard time reading some screens on FM09 is there a way to change yhat so the background is a different colour eg white writing on a green background as opposed to the default.

Thanks in advance if you can answer thse for me.

1) Generally, it's probably better to put people on, if not individual, then at least position specific ones (eg one for center halves, one for wingers, one for strikers etc) from the word go. Some people prefer an intensive pre-season fitness schedule, but I can't say I've noticed much difference.

2) I've not played any XBox versions, but if '06 is the same as the PC version, then they're pretty much the same. There's a couple of differences in the tactical side of things - for example the arrows, which in 06 represent an on the ball/off the ball setup (which was nice in prinicple but so horribly broken in practice) while in 09 they just represent player runs. Coach ratings have also changed in the latest patch for 09.

3) If you go to the "Skinning Hideout" forum here, then there's a whole load of new skins for the game, so you are probably going to be able to find one more suited to you, at least for '09. Not sure about the XBox one though.

Archived