Accidentally helped the AI create a super-team...

Well I've been playing my game for a while and I'm in 2019 (just finished the 2018/19 season) and I've been playing as Stoke City, anyway over the last few seasons I've sold various fringe players (all world class but I had found better) and only recently realised how many were to real madrid, 2 years ago when I'd only sold them 1 or 2 they scored 82 league goals, the season after 224 league goals, and this season 255 goals.

realmadrid.jpg

The premiership has fallen to pieces, but Real Madrid have become amazing and put my Stoke teams best efforts to shame lol.

I have major issues with this screenshot - there is no way that you can go the whole season like that and score an average of 6.7 goals a game. The fringe players you sold them must have been absolutely awesome or they had their stats altered using an editor - I cannot believe that this has been done with unaltered players or no cheating.

Yea original database etc, the team just plays amazingly well it seems, and here's there goalscorers

Keirrison - 50 (yes the one I developed for many yeas, chairman sold to them about 18 months ago for 140m)

Marquinhos - 49

Antonio Sousa - 33 (left winger I sold to them a couple years ago)

Wesley Sneijder - 27

Andres Guardado - 25

Roberto Soldado - 24

Mathys Charbonnel - 21 (AM I sold to them)

Ruben De La Red - 21

Higuain - 20

Robben - 20

Pandev - 15

Ramos - 12

Then a couple of the defenders I sold them on less than 10 and another striker who only played 10 times with 8 lol.

And ljungberg is the best set piece coach on my game, and just got fired by liverpool so I was trying to get him back lol hes like 34 in 2009 he wouldn't still be playing in 2019 would he lol.

• Administrators

Mojby - the OP is saying the AI is Real Madrid not him... so why do you have issues with it? He's not going to cheat for the AI - who in their right mind would?

A freak occurance obvs, but what I suspect is:

- La Liga is not set to full detail, so Real Madrid are winning games purely on rep anyway

- Players rep are very high, hence the trouncing of so many of the other teams.

So it is conceivable all this has happened given how FM works, but very, very rare.

Mojby - the OP is saying the AI is Real Madrid not him... so why do you have issues with it? He's not going to cheat for the AI - who in their right mind would?

- La Liga is not set to full detail, so Real Madrid are winning games purely on rep anyway

So it is conceivable all this has happened given how FM works, but very, very rare.

Why are Barca sixth then?

Something definately not right here as the likes of Sneijder, robben; higuan, Ramos, Pandev etc must be mid thirties now as well!

Onviously you did not read my comments properly - I did not imply that he was R Madrid, in fact I said 'The fringe players you sold them must have been.....'

And also I did not say that he altered the stats after he sold them to Madrid - he could have altered them whilst they were still playing at Stoke.

Anyway this is by the by.

Onviously you did not read my comments properly - I did not imply that he was R Madrid, in fact I said 'The fringe players you sold them must have been.....'

And also I did not say that he altered the stats after he sold them to Madrid - he could have altered them whilst they were still playing at Stoke.

Anyway this is by the by.

Oh pants - did not mean to quote myself but meant to quote Lucas - sorry!

It wasn't upfront it was only about 45m upfront, the rest was monthly installments and after 40 league goals which has nearly all been paid now. There's a few screenshots already floating around of Keirrison and Charbonnel

heres one of charbonnel before I sold him a few years ago:

charbonnel-1.jpg

heres the same guy when he first appeared

regen.jpg

Well nothing especially weird, I do score a lot of goals usually over 100 in a season but that's because I have got the best players I can get (I do spend a long time scouring for them - usually a few hours every pre-season scouting and searching which is why I've racked up 21 days lol) but the rest of the premiership is also that bad, with about 5 games to go there was only 15 points between 3rd and 17th.

No changes at all, this game was started on 9.1.0 updated with 9.2 and 9.3 and it seemed to start around the time 9.3 kicked in that's the only correlation with any changes the game has undergone, for a number of years they were ordinary they hired Benitez and won the league first season - then came all the crazy goals the season after. They usually play Marquinhos and Keirrison up front but they have so many players who play so many positions its hard to tell where midfielders regularly play because Marquinhos played a number of games in centre mid, right mid and left mid, and the same with the others. I'm genuinely at a loss to explain how its happened, they were doing it before they signed Keirrison from me Casillas has kept a remarkable number of clean sheets 27 out of 50 games played and he's 38 (and still worth 10.75m).

They aren't unbeatable though, Real Betis knocked them out of the CL.

Not too well, I've been in the finals every season for the last 3 years, and they've not made the finals once and I've not played them at all during the course of the competition.

They did only have 23 goals put past them lol and Casillas is 38 so he's bound to be letting a few slip these days lol. And yes, I turned them off because they were all forming horribly for quite some time on my game although I think the issue has since been fixed I just haven't turned them back on.

Also, their manager is Benitez he left liverpool for them a couple years ago and they are now in the championship whilst he's dominating Spain with Real Madrid lol.

Yea, he sure showed his awesomeness tonight... oh wait lol.

He's into his 60's now on my game so hes reaching the point where he'll be retiring, so once he is gone it may very well be like Arsenal after Wenger - unable to replace him and become a shadow of their former selves. I'm certain I'll find out in due course lol.

Out of curiosity as someone is bound to know, is it possible, with the limit on variable sizes (can't quite remember them all) that with 0 included, the reason it stops at 255 is the 256 total limit.

Not too well, I've been in the finals every season for the last 3 years, and they've not made the finals once and I've not played them at all during the course of the competition.

I think that quote proves the theory postulated by Lucas Weatherby"

Presumably the C.L. matches are being run on full detail, at least the later stages; if La Liga is not, then LW's theory explains it perfectly.

That's part of why I like to run the major leagues on full detail once I'm competing in Europe. You can set them "Playable" when you're just starting out, let them get background-processed, and bump them up to full detail once you start qualifying for the UEFA Cup.

I'm not sure whether I believe this. You can edit leagues with FMRTE and 255 is the maximum amount of goals you can edit a team to have (just checked). 255 seems to be a special number because it's the max caps you can edit someone to have as well...

Unless there is truth in this and that's the maximum amount of goals the game shows as well?

I'm not sure whether I believe this. You can edit leagues with FMRTE and 255 is the maximum amount of goals you can edit a team to have (just checked). 255 seems to be a special number because it's the max caps you can edit someone to have as well...

Unless there is truth in this and that's the maximum amount of goals the game shows as well?

Yes, I thought this too to be honest. I'd like to see the season's player stats table.

Not entirely convinced with this...... A save being made available would be handy as then someone in the know can pick the bones out of it.

Re: 256 thing. I would have thought the goals tally would just be an integer anyway, so not really relevant. The FMRTE may top out at that to prevent it going weird - which it clearly hasn't here (allegedly :D)

The reason I thought about the 256 is because of the limitations on number sizes, I mean we've seen in the past about money reaching a value & flipping so if you've been experimenting with an editor and come up with that result it would suggest it has reached the upper limit, the range for finances is something like -2.?bn to +2.?bn now this would be an enormous waste of memory for the goals scored, goals conceded etc because its never going to go above 3 figures unless you have the worlds best team in the u18's league for the league 2 teams.

I imagine with an editor you cant give yourself a bank balance of 4bn either so it may be the games limitations in order to not frivilously waste memory.

I don't get on FM much anymore, its taken me about a month to do this last season if I get round to it I'll upload a save but from what I can see its just that real madrid have an amazing team far better than practically any other, once the current crop of players are gone they'll probably revert to how they used to be.

Archived