Foreign striker adaptation.

I play for a ukrainian side and signed some nice south american strikers that are far more superior to the domestic ones i have. I am aware that foreign strikers dont start scoring untill about 6months in the country (thats just the way the game plays) however its been a while and my "top rated strikers" arent scoring at all. As soon as i bring in the ukrainians the goals start flowing... the prblem is the god damn south americas start comlpaining when i dont use them as first team regulars. And i cant really comment on their bad form as they play ok just dont score... any ideas?

One solution would be to loan your South American strikers out to a club in the same nation as your club, but in a lower division for a few months. That way they get to find their shooting boots, but at a club that they can't harm your clubs success if they do suddenly start banging in the goals. I'd make sure they can be recalled as well, so that when they hit some form or you have a striker injury problem you can get them back in a hurry.:thup:

the thing is they are pretty top quality so they dont want to be loaned out. And now one of them thinks im trying to loan him out because i want to get rid of him so he is getting unsettled...

In that case the only other option I can think of off the top of my head is to offer them new contracts with a reduced squad status and a pay cut, it's a long shot as they're unlikely to accept but it might be worth a go. If they accept you should be able to get away with rotating them in and out of your first 11.

yeah thats what i did with my atacking mid to prevent him from whining. I only remember one instance when I have signed a Nigerian striker and he started PLOWING in hte goals from day one. Everything else takes a while. Eastern europeans do ok as well actually.

Archived