Learning new PPMs fails

After most of my players had refused to learn new PPMs, I finally found two players who were happy to learn something new. I asked my MC to place shots and my DC not to dive into tackles. But in the end, after a whole season of learning, I got two news items, stating that both player failed to learn the moves. Why did this happen? Is it random based on the player's attributes (natural fitness?) or is it related to something else? Maybe I didn't play them enough? Or maybe my MC didn't have enough of shooting training? Any ideas?

I don't think the number of played matches is important. I told my young striker to "try killer balls" and he played 30+ games. He still failed to learn the PPM. I also had him on an own made training schedule optimized for strikers. He had enough shooting training, so that couldn't be it. He had low determination though, maybe that influences the learning process?

I don't think the number of played matches is important. I told my young striker to "try killer balls" and he played 30+ games. He still failed to learn the PPM. I also had him on an own made training schedule optimized for strikers. He had enough shooting training, so that couldn't be it. He had low determination though, maybe that influences the learning process?

Thanks for the information! I double-checked the determination and my MC has it sitting at 16 (work-rate is also 16), so I suppose there must be something else affecting the learning.

The learning of new PPM's seems very hit and miss in my experience. When the game first came out I managed to get a few players to learn new PPM's, but since 9.3.0 I've only managed to get one player to learn a PPM, that was a left winger and I managed to get him to learn 'Runs with ball down left'.

All other players I've tried this on have either refused outright, or failed to learn the move.

Archived