Second season

Anyone else really struggle in your second season?

I lost three cup finals with Liverpool on my save;

Super Cup Final to Milan

Club World Championship to Boca (Requelme made me pay for dismissing his abilities)

League Cup Final to Chelsea

Aswell as really struggling in the league (managed 4th), especially away from home.

How should I approach my third season?

Rework your tactics. Usually reinvigorates my teams. I find it hard to keep playing once I get to Liverpool's sort of stature because I hate the fact that you have to completely change the way you play every season. For example, in my first season with Arsenal I played 4-4-2 and came second in the league. The following season 4-4-2 got me nothing but crap results for the first month of the season, so I build a 4-3-3, which nearly nearly won us the quadruple. Next season that's useless too.

I'm sure I could rework it without changing the system but it's too much hassle.

My top tip for anyone would be to not use the same tactics game-in game-out. Ive said this before, other teams do have scouts despite them being computerised (if thats a word?) Anyway, you dont have to change your tactics every game, just once a month, or every other game. You could even alter your formation slightly which works a treat.

Archived