Strange Top Goalscorers

Ive been progressing through my season with goals flying in, and my top goalscorer in my team is my CB, he has hit in a fair few braces and one or two hattiricks, i have 10 games left and he has scored 16 goals for me so maybe more to come.

It just reminded me of on another game on a previous game when my top goalscorer hitting in many more than anybody was my front lying CB.

Wondered if there is a thread somewhere with other peoples backline top scorers is about? Or whatever anybody has had.

Good times seeing your CB smashing in a load regulary!

I've had a CB hit a hatrick and 12 in a season total (his total over 7 seasons is less than 30 goals so it evened out), but its not a bug, its just the way the engine deals with your team. A bug would be him scoring 40 a season.

Back in Cm 2 96/97 (yes it's that long ago :D), I had a game with Newcastle United where my left back signing from Juventus managed 18 goals in one season.. More than Newcastle's current manager, as he was injured for most of it.

Ive got Dani Alves on 5 goals in 10 games but 3 have been from corners. I have him on near post and have corners set to " near post flick on " but i think 5 in 10 games isnt bad for a right back

It's the other way around. Corner set to near post and Alves set to Near post flick on.

It's up to you how you play your game, but for me exploiting the corner bug and having a DC as top scorer ruins the game. For that reason I don't put anyone on challenge keeper. I still got the most goals from corners last season (12 - whole team, not one player!)

I Have Pascal Cygan second season for Bradford City and he has 19 goals for me I can prove this but thats more than my Centre Forward.

I have him to attack corners far post and it seems to come off, he does score many from just under the crossbar like.

Archived