Mr Wengers Child?

? Why would it be fake?

It's a little too perfect, apart from the fact that it says he was born in London, Wenger was in Japan then surely? Also if he has France as his preferred nationality, why does he only have basic French? Does the game invent random sons for real managers? It doesn't quite add up.

It's a little too perfect, apart from the fact that it says he was born in London, Wenger was in Japan then surely? Also if he has France as his preferred nationality, why does he only have basic French? Does the game invent random sons for real managers? It doesn't quite add up.

He might only have basic french because he has been brought up in England and he has not used the French language very often.

Considering he is the 2011 I dont think it would be made up as he is only 18 and I doubt the OP would have waited that long to tell us about him if he had used the editior, and why would he use the editor just to put wengers son in the game anyway

The game doesn't take that into account when giving out 'sons', it'll give London as place of birth because that is where the club he's managing is. It happens to every play who get's a son in the game.

On '08 I had the son of one of my scouts come through my youth system. :thup:

The game doesn't take that into account when giving out 'sons', it'll give London as place of birth because that is where the club he's managing is. It happens to every play who get's a son in the game.

On '08 I had the son of one of my scouts come through my youth system. :thup:

Surely that would only work if a manager was at the same club for at least 16 years? Otherwise you could get something ridiculous like Guus Hiddink's son being born in London even though he is potentially on there for a few months? Wouldn't it be better to just give them a random place from their home country? Also surely the son should be able to speak their native language fluently no matter where they grow up?

Surely that would only work if a manager was at the same club for at least 16 years? Otherwise you could get something ridiculous like Guus Hiddink's son being born in London even though he is potentially on there for a few months? Wouldn't it be better to just give them a random place from their home country? Also surely the son should be able to speak their native language fluently no matter where they grow up?

Arsene Wenger has been at Arsenal for ages so it would be about right (in timing sense) that he was born in London

on FM 08 I had a "son" at Juventus - it said he was born in Turin but at the time of his birth I was at Bolton

I found Wenger's son in FM08. His name was Cedric and he played in central defense. He also had the same London birthplace and had trouble with French even after he got called up to the U21s. As for this guy, I'm sure his father is thrilled that he is similar to Jose Antonio Reyes.

While I like this little feature, I do think the place of birth needs tweaked. It should be fairly easy within the code to calculate where the parent was managing when the son was born. If the son was born before the father began his managerial career (or playing career if it's an AI manager), then do something like set the place of birth to same as the father (or at least the same country and randomise the city)

You would think to be on the safe side the game would pick the players dad's country's capital e.g. in Wenger's case, Paris.

Because if a manager has been at a club for anything less than the age of his son (which will almost always be the case when regens come in at 16-17) then the location doesn't match up with where the manager was. And of course, it all assumes that his wife is with him.

Just being pedantic but I don't think the question would be asked if Gael Wenger was born in Paris or Miguel Mourinho (from my game) was born in Lisbon rather than Milan.

Thomas Ince is at Liverpool on mine. His favoured personell is Paul Ince but I don't know why hes at Liverpool (and always has been).

He was born in 1992, Ince was at Liverpool from 96 to 98. :S

He really is Ince's son

Archived