How do IRL Man Utd tackle away games?

.. in terms of width, d-line, tempo? do they play more narrow and cautious in more or less all away games or do they try to play their normal game against equal, weaker teams? how about chelsea and liverpool away? Any Old Trafford guy who knows?

The reason for me asking is my inability to get good results away from home with big teams like man utd.. Im really curious how it looks IRL!

I play as Man Utd but from what i have heard the AI usually takes up a simular formation to what Man City has at the start of the game 4-1-2-2-1 (usual back 4, one central defensive mid, 2 center mids, 2 wide attacking midfielders and one striker). They play good attacking football as they do IRL

they really tend to play 4-6-0 formation as pioneered in italy by roma a few seasons ago, where all midfielders swap around including wingers, the 'strikers' tend to help out the midfield and interchange passes as they move forward together.

lol yes they do. It came from fergies own mouth and also martin o' neils as he clearly stated on match of the day once that he thought the 4-6-0 formation that man utd currently use is extremely hard to counter. :)

Also its been discussed at length on the football manager live forums as well as a lot of people tend to use that formation on live. Can we all be wrong? Or you?

Archived