What attributes do you want in an assistant manager?

I found someone who looks really good while i was looking for good coaches. I'm wondering if there is anything else the assistant manager should have, or just what attributes in general would make him give me the most insightful tactical information during matches as possible, as well as the best possible player recommendations to fill wholes he sees in the squad, as well as the best possible player training.

What attributes should I look for?

And here is a screenshot of my #1 candidate thus far. I have all players from brazil loaded i believe as well as the Brazilian 1st division so you might need one or both of those two loaded to get him.

Picture14.png

Is he missing anything that I need? Especially the player suggestion thing and in the in match "assistant manager feedback."

Is there anyone better that you know of?

thank you!

His stats overall look amazing, the only thing I'd be worried about is having Adaptability 10. Are you taking him somewhere were he has little knowledge or doesn't speak the language, if so this attribute might hinder his otherwise amazing stats if taken elsewhere.

I use my assistant to assist me with teamtalks, help me with in-match tactical issues and to provide me with information on who are the best players in my squad now and who are the best players in my squad in the future. He is not a coach.

These are my assistant manager's attributes.

bev75y.jpg

I always look for the best combo of JPA and JPP in my assman first (that way he can give me an indication of whether or not to sign a player without scouting) and coaching ability second (I'm initially restricted to 6 coaches at the start, so my assman has to do some coaching for me. I usually sign a youth coach from Gremio (begins with J and ends with -inho) at the start of the game (JPA 16 and JPP 20) as his stats go up steadily and he comes pretty cheap as an assman ($50,000 a year for me.)

Lol okay so what's his name then? He's got great attributes. Too great maybe... like maybe he was made up in data editor? If not I'd like to check him out if you're cool sharing your gem find.

I use my assistant to assist me with teamtalks, help me with in-match tactical issues and to provide me with information on who are the best players in my squad now and who are the best players in my squad in the future. He is not a coach.

These are my assistant manager's attributes.

bev75y.jpg

It's either Steve Galloway, Assistant Manager from Umea IK (Sweden) or Dan Ashworth, Youth Coach from West Brom, going by the attributes. If neither of those then it's probably a regen. You do get some immensely good regen staff from time to time.

What SFraser mentioned is a good point though. Unless you're restricted to how many staff members you can have, if you're at a big club and can have lots of coaches, then it makes sense to have an assistant with all the key attributes required for his main advisory role, rather than particular coaching attributes.

Archived