FM 09 on Mac doesn't work!

Hi all.

I'll introduce myself first. My name is Loonens and I'm from Holland. I'm 24 years old and loved to play the FM and CM series.

I bought FM09 last week and tried to install it today. No problem so far.

I tried to run it. It starts, but I get a greyish screen and just my cursor. I can move it and it sometimes turns into that hand you get when you go over a button. I even can click it, but my screen stays the same.

I downloaded the 9.3.0 patch (twice, torrent and rapidshare) and I tried to install it. After 5% it says "There are some installation issues, please restart the installer and try again". After 10 times it's not fun anymore!

This happens with both the files and I downloaded the right file (FM09 MAC of app. 155 mb).

Can somebody help me with this issue? It's really frustrating because I did play FM08 on this same iBook G4. It's an old mac, but good enough to play some FM.

Thanks in advance!

PS My english isn't perfect but I hope you understand my problem! :thup::thup:

Try a manual uninstall and then reboot and try to install the game again make sure it is in the default directory as the patch looks for it. if that all fails then try and install the 9.1 patch and or 9.2 then the 9,3 as this maybe the cause even though you only need the latest

Thanks for your reply!

I now managed to install all patches, including 9.3.0. BUT the game still doesn't run. The screen goes black, then grey and then I get the cursor again. When I move around it turns into a hand sometimes and when I click that, it turns into a ball for couple seconds. So, the game starts but I don't get the right screen.

Anyone has some ideas?

this is possible fix but i don't know where the cache is on the mac

this was posted by nbrocky as seen here http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2972948&postcount=5013

Delete the cache folder by doing the following:

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go to the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

5. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Go to the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

6. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Then try after this. If this still fails you'll need to completely uninstall the game, re-install and re-patch. I'd suggest downloading the patch from a different source to previous and making sure it downloads properly - unless you are using Steam where it will patch up automatically.

Let me know how you get on. Thanks.

also he said if that fails
Follow the same path as suggested above, but instead of just deleting the cache folder, try deleting the whole Football Manager 2009 folder which is found there. Let me know how you get on. Thanks.
do you or have you used any custom skins? if so delete or move them for now and delete the cache and see if it works, do you have the latest direct x too.

below was posted by PW

If this doesn’t solve your issue then please follow the steps for updating your Java / Graphics Card drivers from the “How too” section above. These are the most common reasons for the black/white screen issues.

the search engine in this site can be of some help this is all i have found so far

Archived