Keeping old players' attributes up

Hi all. I have beckham in my second season. He's 34 years old and still has good attributes, as in they havent dropped yet. Im hoping to get another season after this out of him. Im just wondering if there are any training tips to prevent his attributes from dropping. For example i have Rivaldo and at age 37 his attributes have started to drop crazily. Like 5 points down over 6 - 12 months

No what ive seen with rivaldo is his technical and mental stats dropping like crazy. But yeah nepenth thats what ive been doing. At first i figured only the physical stats would drop (because why would someone's passing ability be affected by turning 36 years old or wahtever right?) but now that ive seen the technical attributes drop i figure lesser of two evils and ive got all the technical attributes to the max with very heavy training workload. speaking of, does having it higher than a player is happy with make them train less affectively? or does it just make them unhappy but still makes them a better player because of more training???

thanks for responding nepenth and fm1000!

Archived