Premiership teams in cup competitions

Something I feel isn't quite right in the game is generally the Premiership teams are too powerful against teams outside the premiership. If you look at real life games between these teams they are usually pretty close yet in FM there are an awful lot of 4-0 and 5-0 games, and in my game the current League Cup last 16 are all Premiership sides. I know that on the whole the Premiership teams do win and yes sometimes they do hammer their opponents but they very often get pushed all the way through the game.

I think it's a combination of the AI never seems to put out a wekened side, in my game I've just seen Rochdale play Man Utd and Man U went with Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov in attack! Don't really think you would find Fergie doing that.

Also it would be great if the AI could replicate in some way the small teams raising their game against big opponents like they do in real life. I don't know if this is way too advanced for the AI to do, but it would certainly make things a bit more interesting.

I agree with the OP; the big teams put out most of their best players in the cups, no matter what team they're playing.

Liverpool 3-6 Arsenal last year (or was it the year before?) for the League Cup was full of Wenger's youngsters, but in-game it would most certainly be the best 11.

Unfortunately it looks like there won't be another patch for this years game, so I presume it will only be solved in next years game.

I agree with the OP; the big teams put out most of their best players in the cups, no matter what team they're playing.

Liverpool 3-6 Arsenal last year (or was it the year before?) for the League Cup was full of Wenger's youngsters, but in-game it would most certainly be the best 11.

Unfortunately it looks like there won't be another patch for this years game, so I presume it will only be solved in next years game.

TEAMSHEET

Jerzy Dudek Manuel Almunia

Stephen Warnock Armand Traore

Sami Hyypia Johan Djourou

Gabriel Paletta Kolo Toure ©

Lee Peltier Justin Hoyte

Fabio Aurelio Alex Song

Steven Gerrard © Francesc Fabregas

Danny Guthrie Denilson

Mark Gonzalez Julio Baptista

Craig Bellamy Jeremie Aliadiere

Robbie Fowler Theo Walcott

SUBS : SUBS :

Xabi Alonso Matthew Connolly

Jamie Carragher Abou Diaby

Peter Crouch Henri Lansbury

Luis Garcia Mart Poom

Pepe Reina Mark Randall

Just out of interest. Teamsheet for the 6-3 game

Thanks Bill :p

As you can see, this kind of 11's would be virtually impossible in-game.

By the way, when I talked about Wenger's youngsters I was referring to them playing away at Anfield. That doesn't mean that Liverpool wasn't using a weaker side also, wich I probably should of mention.

Archived