player reckons hes the messiah

just scouted the world cup u20s found some unknown perfroming pretty well, signing him for about 20k, im in l2 btw. he is quality to be fair, first team easily.

but when he came i got 3 messages. one said he's going to teach us how to play footbll or some rubbish, another says he should be the centre of the team and i should build around him, then the final one was he sees the team as a stepping stone and hopesto impressbigger managers.

should i get rid of him at the first oppurtunity or hold on because i think he is going to be awesome in a few years.

just scouted the world cup u20s found some unknown perfroming pretty well, signing him for about 20k, im in l2 btw. he is quality to be fair, first team easily.

but when he came i got 3 messages. one said he's going to teach us how to play footbll or some rubbish, another says he should be the centre of the team and i should build around him, then the final one was he sees the team as a stepping stone and hopesto impressbigger managers.

should i get rid of him at the first oppurtunity or hold on because i think he is going to be awesome in a few years.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy.

Keep hold of him, try get the best out of him. Get him to sign as long a contract as you can get. Maybe try to sell him 1 year before his contract is up, because otherwise he'll end up going for free at the end of it.

Hold onto him as long as you can, get the best out of him, then if he causes problems, "Wants to move to a bigger club", etc... sell him for the best price you can. icon14.gif

He wants to "use" your team, you "use" him likewise. I fee a lot of us get too emotionally attached to our FM players. icon_wink.gif

Got the exact same three messages after I signed Damien Le Tallec for Peterborough in my second season (league 1).

I was afraid he would **** off the other players but now I'm two months in and nothing has happened. And he's accepted his role as a back up player without any complaints... So far.

a regen i found in the czech u20s team to the people asking about him

tried to get him tutored by one of my players and he said no chance.

his personality is realist, i though it would have been very ambitious.

i reckon ill hang on see how he turns out keep him until hes unhappy and hopefully cash in, he bangsthem in for the u21s so no doubt hell get a lot of attention soon.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heathxxx:

Hold onto him as long as you can, get the best out of him, then if he causes problems, "Wants to move to a bigger club", etc... sell him for the best price you can. icon14.gif

He wants to "use" your team, you "use" him likewise. I fee a lot of us get too emotionally attached to our FM players. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and in response to that i think i do get too emotionally attached my players, in my first 3 seasons i had a young cb as captain then after 2 promotions he was like the fifth best in his position but i still kept him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heathxxx:

He wants to "use" your team, you "use" him likewise. I fee a lot of us get too emotionally attached to our FM players. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there a word for this?

You have “anthropomorphic†when you confer human traits on an animal without the proper scientific research, I think there should be something for FM.

Cybermorphic? Fmdotomorphic? Anthroporegenic?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FlUoReScEnT aDoLeScEnT:

I got this after signing a youngster off arsenal, he refused to get tutored and then after 2 seasons, moaned that he wants to move to a bigger club, ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

amazing - I was just going to suggest the OP wait for Chelski to tap him up in a hotel room, a la Cashley Cole!

Brian: I'm not the Messiah! Will you please listen? I am not the Messiah, do you understand? Honestly!

Girl: Only the true Messiah denies His divinity.

Brian: What? Well, what sort of chance does that give me? All right! I am the Messiah!

Followers: He is! He is the Messiah!

Brian: Now, f*** off!

[silence]

Arthur: How shall we f*** off, O Lord?

icon_smile.gif))) Legendary

Archived