98 points.

98 points in the EPL.

P=38 W= 30 D=8 L= 0

GF= 88 GA= 18. +70 GD

and i finished second.

Something wrong with this picture?

Never seen anything so ridiculous since i started playing these games as a 16-17yr old...im now 34.

Its almost like the game's scripted or something.

totaly unrealistic.

On one of my games, in one season, Betis won 34, drew 2 and lost 2. That was pretty difficult to stomach as they really did just... Keep winning. They got dumped out of Cups early and stuff, true, but every time they were drawing, they'd win by a late goal. 'course, they did have a very, very good squad but I was the team that beat them twice!

Just in case it helps you get over the situation, I'll copy over some of my posts from last night.

There's one game to go, me and Man Utd are both stuck on 85 points. They have much better goal difference.

I NEED them to lose or draw to Southampton (who are 8th) and I need to win or draw to Hull (who are 11th).

I'll write updates. Not too hopeful, Utd have been excellent recently.

Match      Time        Event             Score             League Table

HULL-ASNL  36 mins     Bergissio goal    1-0 Hull          Man Utd 86 Arsenal 85
UTD-SOTON  39 mins     Ronaldo goal      1-0 Southampton   Man utd 88 Arsenal 85
UTD-SOTON  45 mins     Delph goal        1-1 draw          Man Utd 86 Arsenal 85
     HALF TIME
HULL-ASNL  55 mins     Bojan goal        1-1 draw          Man Utd 86 Arsenal 86
HULL-ASNL  60 mins     Adebayor goal     1-2 Arsenal       Arsenal 88 Man Utd 86
HULL-ASNL  65 mins     Xisco goal        2-2 draw          Man Utd 86 Arsenal 86
HULL-ASNL  69 mins     Hall goal         2-3 Asnl          Arsenal 88 Man Utd 86
HULL-ASNL  78 mins     Bojan goal        2-4 Asnl          Arsenal 88 Man Utd 86
HULL-ASNL  90(+1) mins Bojan goal        2-5 Asnl          Arsenal 88 Man Utd 86

Match not finished yet.

EDIT: FULL TIME!

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

What a effin brilliant match!!!!

Sorry, I doubt that helped. ;D

Good luck next season though. :)

Ctrl - Alt - Printscreen together

Then open paint, paste, save as

Imageshack.com

Host it post the link ;)

Host what?post what link where?

I see no host option on imageshack

am i supposed to upload the image? exact lamens terms please for this old man...litteraly,hold my hand and walk me through ;)

mainpage of imageshack option called Browse, find the file using this then hit start upload.

Then it will take a min or so depending on comp speed and their own server stuff then they will give you a load of links and a picture of your screen shot

Just grab one of the links , one that links to forums and post it in here :)

Yeh Man Utd are just luckers

How to Post a Screenshot

• While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).
  • Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image
  • Save the file as a JPEG
  • Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket
  • Post the direct Url to the image here.

Tell us which part(s) you've done or are stuck on

Host what?post what link where?

I see no host option on imageshack

am i supposed to upload the image? exact lamens terms please for this old man...litteraly,hold my hand and walk me through ;)

IV. How do I Post a Screenshot?

1. Ensure that any version of Football Manager is open

2. Go to the screen you want to show

3. Press 'Prt Sc', normally next to or near F12 on your keyboard

4. Open Paint, or a similar program

5. Paste the image by either pressing 'Ctrl + V' or going to edit, then paste.

6. Save the file as a JPEG

7. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

8. Post the Direct URL onto this site

Or

1. Ensure that any version of Football Manager after Football Manager 2008 is open

2. Go to the screen you want to show

3. Press Alt+F9

4. A screenshot of what you want will be saved in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager __\Screenshots

5. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

6. Post the Direct URL onto this site

Both of the above are for both normal Windows and Window Vista

Ever seen anything like it?

That's got to hurt. I remember on FM07 i lost the league to Chelsea (can't remember points) and they had a ridiculous run of form, winning something like 19 of their last 20 games. That was under the invincible Sven Goran Eriksson!

Why do you think its scripted?

( It isnt )

becuase it is so far from realistic,it has never happened and i very much doubt it ever will.(or has it?)

Just so happens man utd win every single game that they need to..like 25 in a row.

Just seems like if you win...the comp will win,despite the performance.

I looked at alot of there performances (man utd) and the results they got were ridiculously lucky.

Thats why i talk about scripted.(im certain it isnt but it sure felt like it)

Ive never seen that on any other fm or cm game.(am i allowed to say cm here?)

I don't know about scripted though I think the ai perform better when they are in the same league as you. In a game I had with stranraer I tried to take them from scottish 3rd to premier. Unfortunitly since this happened I have no proof as I got a new pc and its been rebooted a few times. Anyway In my first season I managed to get promotion through the playoffs and my second I got up through scecond place to consecutive promotions which is good. The next season in the first divison i got relegated but won the 2nd division the next and then managed to maintain a first division status.

None of this is really important just basically gives and idea of how the game went. I then started to look back on the divisions and in almost every case it seemed that every team did better when I was in the same division as them. For example the season I got playoff from 3rd division every other year after those points would have been enough to win 3rd division out right and automatic promotion. The next year I got second and got promotion that way but again the points I needed where much higher than the other seasons. The season I got relegated from the first those points where good enough to stay up in any other except when I got back to the first division and was competing in that league. The only exception I guess is when I won the second out right but I needed like record points to do this. At the time I was actually pretty shocked looking at the evidence. I wish I had it now to show you. I still had a lot of success in that game however.

Darn, I wish the game would be scripted sometimes. :D

I was bored of winning the Premier League yet I did not want to move away from the club I support in real-life. So I decided to help the other clubs to the Premier League title in an attempt to prolong the life of that particular save game. Without my intervention (read: reloading of the matches they played), they kept doing silly things like losing at home to bottom clubs when you would bet on them winning comfortably. Not that such losses are unrealistic, but they are highly frustrating when I want my rivals to win.

So finally after two seasons of reloading, I got what I wanted.

2011-2012EPLTable.jpg

2012-2013EPLTable.jpg

EPLTitleHistory.jpg

Darn, I wish the game would be scripted sometimes. :D

I was bored of winning the Premier League yet I did not want to move away from the club I support in real-life. So I decided to help the other clubs to the Premier League title in an attempt to prolong the life of that particular save game. Without my intervention (read: reloading of the matches they played), they kept doing silly things like losing at home to bottom clubs when you would bet on them winning comfortably. Not that such losses are unrealistic, but they are highly frustrating when I want my rivals to win.

So finally after two seasons of reloading, I got what I wanted.

2011-2012EPLTable.jpg

2012-2013EPLTable.jpg

EPLTitleHistory.jpg

LOL maybe thats what happened to alex ferguson became bored so let chelsea win it a couple of times

I guess this happening is a good thing (its a bitter pill to swallow!)as winning the epl constantly, or where ever you play can get boring.

I thought after walking the epl in my first season i would then go on and walk it again as is pretty much what usually happens.

starting my 3rd season now and just signed messi!

Hopefully not as many draws now.

But to go unbetaen for a season is pretty amazing and to not win the tital with it is seriously hard to take! (ok ok,im over it now.) ;)

it is unlucky but at least it keeps you intrested for next season, same happend to me but i was 3rd from bottom i finished the season 3 points adrived last game of season, if i had won i could of stayed up on goal fifferance, normally when in mid table the season is boring my exmas when there is nothing to play for except mid table.

Maybe this is pretty unrealistic, but think about it. Lets say the chances of it happened are 1 in a million. So, it'll almost certainly not happen IRL. However, FM09 has sold tens if not hundreds of thousands of copies. Many people will have played 20, 30, 50, 100 even seasons. So suddenly that 1 in a million chance isn't so unlikely. Indeed, you'd be more suprised if it hadn't happened to someone. Now, if we had people posting every day that this was happening to them, then maybe it'd be indicative of a flaw in the game. But they're not. So it's pretty clear that there is no underlying problem.

The game's not cheating, you're just a victim of probability.

This is where the Portuguese League (or any similar league with 2-3 massive clubs + loads of filler) becomes really difficult.

You'd think managing Porto would be easy, but I'm currently at the halfway point and am sitting second with 13 wins and 2 draws, 41 points.

Sporting are leading with 14 wins and 1 draw, 43 points.

Of course, the draw was vs. me, at Sporting.

But if Sporting keep this form up, even if I beat them at home, they could still end up with W28 D1 L1 and 85 points.

That means I will have to win all of my remaining games to win the league.

Sometimes, the other big clubs just don't seem to have results go against them like I do :(

just think of it the way fergie cant stand liverpool beating him so he has to cheat to get to the top :(

that is certainly unlucky hope i dont encounter that! and im sure there is a faster way to print screen or was that on 08? where there was a shortcut buttin and it saved the prt scrn to a folder already as an image? or have i just made that up completely?

In my last season, I was managing Atletico. We finished third on 78ish points, Real Madrid were second on 98 points and Barca won the title with 100. It was great to know that my 5-1 victory against Real had cost them the title.

Archived