Manager contract negotiations!

C'mon now... we've all tried it. How much do you try and squeeze out of the board and what is the best story you've got.

I just pushed Porto for an extra 2k (£12,250) over their original offer and wish I had pushed for more :(

i never bother asking for more $$ because well its not like you can do anything with it. if anything your hurting yourself because instead of spending the money on transfers, wages, and etc its being spent on you.

I ask for a medium length contract and increase wages until they say it is their final offer, then i accept the deal :) Sometimes i sign 1 year deals so that i can get a new contract with higher wages next season so my career earnings skyrocket :D :D

I tend to take the middle due to the fact they're less likely to sack you.

Unfortunately, with a tycoon takeover, i'm on £215k a week, which was the lowest I could get. Luckily i'm about £2M under my budget so it doesn't matter. I could have had around £500k a week.. but thought not to :D

I take the smallest amount possible.

1. I cant use it anyway.

2. All it does is take money away from the club which could be better spent on players or stadium upgrades.

3. I prefer to brag about my trophy cabinet rather than my wallet.

Exactly-perfectly put

The point to large personal wages is that your contract, like the players', is gaurenteed. The board (or new owners, in the event of a takeover) will be more reluctant to fire you if it's going to cost them an arm and a leg to see your backside...

Obviously there's those who want incorporating in FM things that a manager can do with their money, which isn't very realistic... it's not like you see Sir Alex Ferguson blowing his money on vineyards in France or racehorses now is it....

oh, wait... hang on a moment...

;)

Spending my earnings would add nothing to the gameplay experience, IMO. A worthless feature that would take development time away from areas of the game that need it much more. The only useful use for my wages might be being able to funnell them back into the club, but in addition to being stupid, it would make the game too easy. I'm strongly against that as well...

I dont think there should be options to spend you money because we are not playing this game to buy fancy houses.

Even though I only concentrate on the lenght of contract I would use what I get paid to compare myself with the managers around the world to see how the board rate me

I never do, because my wage budget is high enough with all my staff.

I only do negotiate the contract length - I just realised that that's actually possible - to stop all those irritating "oh, renew your contract" messages (I used to think to myself, "Offer me longer contracts then!").

Spending my earnings would add nothing to the gameplay experience, IMO. A worthless feature that would take development time away from areas of the game that need it much more. The only useful use for my wages might be being able to funnell them back into the club, but in addition to being stupid, it would make the game too easy. I'm strongly against that as well...

I too am against having any spending option, but was glad to see the "Career earnings" tracker that was added. It makes your wages slightly less trivial now. I see the total career earnings at the end as a sort of trophy.

The only way i would like to spend money is if you can retire from management to purchase a club when you have enough cash. Then if you feel like going back to management you can sell up, potentially making profit or loss, and apply for managerial positions again.

And incidentally, with Wycombe i tried negotiating a longer contract, they came back with same length as before and same cash.

The only way i would like to spend money is if you can retire from management to purchase a club when you have enough cash. Then if you feel like going back to management you can sell up, potentially making profit or loss, and apply for managerial positions again.

I don't think we should expand the game this way. Adding a "Football Chairman" aspect is not where I would want to go with it.

And to be fair, I am currently playing defuge's challenge as the mighty Hitchin Town.... so I guess that negotiating a big contract is a LONG LONG way off ;)

I got my club promoted from the Championship in the first season, and the press were linking me with Chelsea after Hiddink moves on. I felt greedy and wasn't satisfied with the offer my club made me, so I nudged it up 5K and only signed a one-year deal. I'm gambling on having a good next season and qualifying for Europe - hopefully they'll offer me spades more and I'll go for a long-term contract.

Archived