Colin Kazim Kazim-Richards?

If I remember rightly, his name is just Colin Kazim-Richards, but in Turkey he is known as Kazim-Kazim.

Yes when arriving in Turkey somoene asked him his last name, as the Turkish spin it around ie : Michael Owen would be Owen Michael, Mr Richards said Kazim, hence the Kazim Kazim Richards

Mistake in the Turkish to English

He is also on a little bet sheet between me and a friend as a player who should be returning to British top flight in the next few years as he is doing pretty well for himself

I thought that he would normally have Kazim-Richards on his shirt, but in Turkey players aren't allowed to have first names on their shirts so he has Kazim Kazim instead?

His proper name is Colin Kazim-Richards, but he uses Kazim Kazim instead. I'm going to check Wiki, otherwise this'll annoy me.

EDIT: Wiki says it's Colin Kazim-Richards, his proper name. Quite an interesting story about his name though, but not what he has on his shirt/his real name.

An anglicised form of the Turkish given name Kâzım was intended to be a middle name, which would have rendered his full name 'Colin-Kazim Richards', but due to an error, he was registered as 'Colin Kazim-Richards'

Archived