Help me out here, GD...

I'm finding it hard to play right now. Not because of tactics, or issues with the game. I'm finding it hard because I don't know what I want to do.

dafuges challenge.

Gundo's Chalenge.

An Arsenal long term save.

Real London CSE

These are what come into my head as something to do. And I have started some of them. Even about 8 seasons in to dafuges challenge. I just cant be bothered to decide which one to continue with and see out. Ultimately, its dafuges challenge, but its too hard. I'm just so stuck.

So yeah, help me get the edge for the game again, would ya :D

I want something I can go 40 seasons with. In FM08 that was easy, because with Knockbreda I had Paul Wallace (22 seasons) and Andrew Smylie as players who kept me interested in the game. On my dafuges save I had John Adams (22 seasons and 5 as Ass Man) who kept me interested. In FM09, however, I'm finding it difficult to identify myself with anything. Part of it is because I miss what I had in FM08 - and know it will take an age to build something like that again, but part of it is because I find FM09 so hard tactically.

Tell you what mate, if you are bored and find your self chasing the same old player, to make the game harder or more myserious, try starting a new with out the real players, use no genie scout or editor tools and build your lower league team up to the top or apply for jobs with big reputations along the way.

The thing with the Real London CSE game, is the fact it so restricted :D

Buying players and selling is pointless because it defeats the object of taking the forumites. Its definitely a save I want to continue, but I need time with it because of the updates and stuff, and I just don't have that right now.

I want something I can go 40 seasons with. In FM08 that was easy, because with Knockbreda I had Paul Wallace (22 seasons) and Andrew Smylie as players who kept me interested in the game. On my dafuges save I had John Adams (22 seasons and 5 as Ass Man) who kept me interested. In FM09, however, I'm finding it difficult to identify myself with anything. Part of it is because I miss what I had in FM08 - and know it will take an age to build something like that again, but part of it is because I find FM09 so hard tactically.

You could try no real players again and take someone from lower depths to the top try the bsp possibly york, kidderminster, oxford (just teams from the league) or try manfredonia from italy.

Start of small but set yourself a challenge, I started in the Welsh Premier League, then Scottish 1st Division - just got promoted to SPL. My aim is to win the ECC with Barcelona and once ive done that manage at a BSP side and take them to the ECC cup.

Two goals, between the two of them (in that order) will take 30 seasons +.

Hobgob.

What I like to do for a challenge is this...

Load all leagues from Scotland England Italy and Spain (I also load all players from European nations and South America, to help with longevity). Start off in Scotland with the intention of managing at least one team from every playable nation's top division with the aim of winning a European trophy in each country. So far in my save I've been at Celtic, Zaragoza, Milan and am currently managing Man Utd in 2017. Have only won the CL with Milan so far (although I did win it 3 times in a row). It may sound like a simple challenge, but managing an SPL team to a European trophy isn't easy imo.

Since I started setting myself this challenge in fm07 I've only managed to get to the CL final with Celtic once and got beat 2-1 by Real Madrid.

I think this post answered your question for yourself.

What kept you going in FM'08 was a deep emotional attachment to a player or players.

So what should get you going with '09 is finding a 16-year-old youngster to take with you over a long term save.

Is it as simple as, "Pick a kid and pin your hopes on him"?

It'll take years of game to know if it works or not, and won't you be likely to have identified with another kid by the time you know?

You might also adopt an aging player - say, a 29-year-old or 30-year-old captain quality player (at game start) and try to nourish him as long as you can and turn him into a Coach or A.M. That adoption may give you enough short-term interest to take you through the first kid's first five seasons.

That' exactly what happened to me. On FM07 i had a brilliant Bromley game, probably my longest and most enjoyable save ever. But come FM08, i just couldn't get that 'feel' back starting all over again. My advice is to do something completely different. Try looking for some interesting teams on Wikipedia and read some of their history to get you in the mood.

In FM09, however, I'm finding it difficult to identify myself with anything. Part of it is because I miss what I had in FM08 - and know it will take an age to build something like that again, but part of it is because I find FM09 so hard tactically.

I missed this post.

I know exactly what you mean. I've almost been tempted to go back to FM08 recently.

But I'm thinking of starting something totally different on FM09. Why don't you try something you haven't tried before so that you can get a new perspective and experience of the game?

Personally, I was thinking of doing a Scandinavian or Nordic career. The seasons are fairly short (30 games or so) and I'm thinking of starting at the bottom and jumping ship for glory at every opportunity until I get to manage a top club in one of those countries and compete in Europe.

An interesting save where you can maybe rack up the seasons and do something different in leagues you wouldn't normally try out.

That's what I'm thinking of doing to get myself going on FM09 again.

C.

Archived