All nighter thread thought.

I thought it would be better to open a new thread about this, as i did not want to spoil the current Thread.

I believe there should be player naming tags in the thread title, as i have read through some all nighter threads this week and have been dissapointed about the amount of player naming i came across.

I'm not one for complaining but i firmly believe this should be sorted out.

Sorry about this probable pointless thread but i would like to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Steve.

i said i SEE HIS POINT but it is a bit petty compared with other things in the world

no need to shout, and this is an open forum for football manager not other things in the world so no i don't think it's petty at all, and he's more than welcome to make his point, also he made his point in a fair way so i don't see your reasoning at all.

I see stevie's point but to be honest if it's that big of a problem surely the mods can change the title of the thread

Thats all i am asking, and the thread creators to just add spoiler tags in the title.

I am not asking for anyone to turn water into wine.

I agree with stevie... I like to come across players myself but then again i use the club thread in GP&TG so i'm still at a loss.

I don't get involved in the all-nighter threads (I'm down-under, so its an all-dayer) but i do read them.

like he said.. it's in the rules

It's not like im saying that there should be no player naming, just the threads need a warning as to the possibilities of player naming.

The All nighters are quite popular, and are becoming a regular feature of GD, its just a shame that, at the moment, anyone can read through it and it can spoil someones FM experience, due to coming across a player that they would rather have had the satisfaction of finding themselves.

No offense but this a bit "petty" I see what you mean but Player Naming dissapointing you is rather bizzare.

Petty or not; the rules are the rules. You might as well go onto the LLM forum and post some tactics, before moaning at them that their rules are 'petty'

Seriously, the OP has a very valid point. I don't see the problem? :confused:

I see both sides of the arguement and i am a frequent contributor to the All nighter threads (and im extremely guilty of player naming).

Arguement for the changing of the thread name:

It is the forums rules.

It wouldnt be any trouble afterall tonights thread would simply be called "All-Nighter Thread!! ~Player Naming~"

Arguement against:

Its fairly obvious what the thread is about, and if you dont want to read about players then its incredibly easy to stop reading before you see something.

For instance.. the first time someone named a player and their experience with him in tonights thread is a picture of Point-05's team which you actually have to scroll the page down in order to see.

It seems to me that it would be incredibly easy to avoid reading the players stats.... as it would be next to impossible to not realise whats about to happen.

I mean its not as if the post is...

"BUY PLAYER XXXXXXXX he only costs £XXXXXX and he will become better than XXXXXXX within XXXXXXXX years"

But having said that its not exactly going to kill any of us late nighters to simply add "player naming" to the title.

I peronaly realy enjoy the All nighter threads as they are driving me to keep at my Rangers save... making it more fun in the process.... So id be perfectly willing to adapt the threads name if it is indeed an issue that the mods think should be addressed.

EDIT: Im going to apply for a Nobel peace prize for this post... slick devils advocating if i do say so myself.

Nice post, pretty much weighs up the "fors" and "againsts" of the subject at hand.

I just cant see what all the fuss is about, adding a couple of words to the thread title isnt going to upset anyone and the task requires minimal effort.

Sorry to bump this, but i would like a moderators opinion on wether it is worth doing something about this.

As their job is to make sure rules are followed, they would be the best people to decide wether something should be done.

You know what's worse than player naming in the All Nighter threads?

The possibility of coming across the wrestling results when you are going to watch it the next day! :D

Seriously though the original point is a good one. It won't be any extra effort to put that in there.

i agree that the tags should be used but, what else is going to be discussed in an all-nighter thread, players that are doing good, last minute goals and how teams are doing etc so in my opinion a alnighter thread will contain player naming and many people will know that just by the name all-nighter because very little else can be discussed.

I think there should be one thread for all nighters rather than one for every night and it should be titled All nighter thread(player naming) this would be the best thing in my opinion.

yer think that is a brilliant idea it would solve all problems :)

I dont see the problem with players naming? What is wrong with that?

Some people don't like to be spoiled from seeing how players turn out in the game, they feel it ruins their experience. Good idea Stevie, I'm all for it. Not that player naming bothers me all that much but I can understand why others don't. I like Acidburn's idea too. :thup:

While im for changing the name...

Im against a single thread.

Its good to have a thresh thread every night because it attracts attention, if it was just one single thread then it would get bogged down with people reffering to results dozens of pages back etc...

besides its not as if any of the threads so far are cluttering the front page or stopping other discussions.

I much prefer a clean slate every night.

Well yeah, I agree that there should be a new thread every night instead of just the one. There are enough stickies already, and it keeps it fresh. You can talk to people who are playing at the same time as you and one big thread would just end up too large to keep under control.

But [player naming] in the title doesnt take much effort, should be added in future imo.

Surely no one could want it so much they would choose to jump off a bridge over leaving the forums? And by bridge, I took his comment to mean the Severn Bridge ;)

I was joking, i cant swim, my biggest fear is drowning, im scared of heights, quitting the forums would be an easier choice tbh:p

The boy wants MoQ

I couldn't care less Peter, Johnyboy could win it for all I care, but no worries Pete, we all know how gutted you were that you didnt win, and how even more gutted you were that you finished behind Alan and Dean:p

EDIT: Dean came last didn't he? not sure tbh!

I put Player naming in the title of my all nighter thread for you Steve :)

I'll do it for every one I make in the future (If I remember lol)

Nice one:thup:

First time I have made some sort of change to these forums, 'tis a shame it was something as minor as that.

Tbf, Jod ran away with it in the end, then he literally ran away for a couple of weeks:D

Don't think he will be retaining his title this quarter though, Alan or Pete should really be the head to head IMO

Shucks, but it should go down to Alan and Jammy (arsenal2111) imo.

Lets not turn this into an ass-kissing contest... but Dean I love you.

You smooth talker ;)

Shucks, but it should go down to Alan and Jammy (arsenal2111) imo.

TBH, I think it should be between those 2 and you Peter. By far, you 3 are the best posters in GD IMO. Hard to choose which of you deserves it most though

You smooth talker ;)

TBH, I think it should be between those 2 and you Peter. By far, you 3 are the best posters in GD IMO. Hard to choose which of you deserves it most though

Lets no forget the GD Bum Boys:p

Peter and Alan will know what I mean:D

Lets no forget the GD Bum Boys:p

Peter and Alan will know what I mean:D

Who ever won that?

You smooth talker ;)

To be honest, while the standard of posting in GD isn't great there are some very good users here and a lot of people are worthy of recognition.

Archived