All-Nighter Thread!!

All-Nighter thread FTW!!! :p Thought I'd start things off.

Currently 30 odd games into my Wolves save, current league table:

tablewolves30games.png

Sitting 3rd on GD, so not too bad, Reading are still owning up the top and are unbeaten in over 16 games now!! Which I wasn't expecting, but that pretty much takes the 1st spot away from the rest of the group.

Current team:

currentteamwolves.png

Transfers including January:

transferswolve.png

Bought in Delgado as a backup keeper to Hennessey, as I dont like Murray, too injury prone. Sold Iwelumo, as he is too old and wasn't doing well at all, and started to get unhappy. With SEB, Vokes and Keogh all finding the net it was no loss. Sold the other as I didn't need him anymore, with Soumare doing so well, I had too many standard DC, so thought I'd free him up when the offer came through.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the net has been less than perfect today so all i could play was FM (i play MP in everything else)

Last nights final update http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3037136&postcount=52

Since then:

H 1-0 Motherwell (spl)

A 1-3 PSV (Europa cup knockout round... 3-3 aggregate, i win on away goal rule)

H 3-2 Livingston (spl)

H 3-0 Hibs (spl)

A 3-1 Hearts (scottish cup qtr final)

A 3-2 FC Girondins (europa cup 2nd knockout round)

N 3-2 Celtic (League cup final)

H 3-2 FC Girondins (europa cup 2nd knockout round 6-4 aggregate)

A 2-1 Celtic (spl)

A 2-0 Inverness CT. (spl)

H 3-0 Aberdeen (spl)

SPL standing:

1st Rangers, played 30 Points 84

2nd Celtic, played 31 Points 72

3rd Falkirk, played 31 Points 47

4th Hibs, played 31 Points 46

Scottish Cup: Semi Finals

Rangers vs Motherwell

Celtic vs Aberdeen

Scottish League Cup: Rangers 3-2 Celtic

Rangers 0-1 Celtic (Brown)

Rangers 1-1 Celtic (Caldwell O.G.)

Rangers 2-1 Celtic (Ochirosii)

Rangers 2-2 Celtic (Brown)

Rangers 3-2 Celtic (Aquino)

Europa Cup Qtr Final:

Rangers Vs. Porto

Aston Villa Vs. Fulham

Chelsea Vs. Fiorentina

CSKA Moscow Vs. Roma

Happy with the SPL form... should win it in my first split game which could be against any of the top 6.

Happy with the domestic cup's progress...

Might sneak past Porto but i reckon ill get no further... something to work on for next year.

Playing my FC United save in dafuge's challenge, really enjoying it as I'm working hard on my tactical abilities and I haven't managed in the lower leagues since FM07.

Still in 09/10 in the BSN, got to the FA Cup 2nd round before losing to Burton Albion, knocking out League 2 Macclesfield on the way (get in!). I've been in and around the top of the table, I'm pretty sure I've got the team to win the league but as anyone who has managed down there knows there are about a million cup games to negotiate at the start of the campaign so it's been hard to get a really good run at the it. Having gone out of the FA Cup and Conference League Cup now I should be able to concentrate more on league form now though :)

Reading FC

Well this is probably the longest Career i have had on FM and it doesnt feel like its going to stop soon.

As i posted last night, First season with Reading in the championship went quite well, finished 2nd, so got auto promotion to the prem, Along with southamton and Derby, then all 3 of us got relagated straight back down to the championship.

Third season, was a similar one to the first, finished second again, was first for the mojority of the season, but slipped a bit. So got auto to the prem again, along with Southamton again, and this time with my Beloved Bristol City.

So am about to start the fourth season, with Liverpool as my first game.

Here are my transfers from the summer window:

transfers1112.png

Had to sell Doyle, Wasnt too impressive in the prem when we got relagated first time, and also isnt oo happy at the club, so got a decent price for him, so hes out.

Here's my team:

readingteam1112.png

Lets hope i can survive relagation this time!!

I love seeing this thread every day for some reason, makes me feel good as I know there are people out there actually enjoying the game! Was planning to do an all nighter tomorrow night, no shops are open though for any late night sojourns I may have planned :( What a bummer.

On my Leeds game, just started second season its 20/08/09.

Lost 1st league one game 2-1 against Cheltenham and won 2nd 2-0 against Oldham and won 3-0 in league cup 1st round against Morecambe.

After 2nd season released lots of players like Andy Robinson, Peter Sweeney, Rui Marques and Tresor Kandol, also steve Marlet who i bought in my first season. Released lots of youth players too who had turned 18. Sold Andy Hughes to Carlisle in part exchange for Danny Livesey.

Bought Livesey (part exchange as just said) Kevan Hurst from Scunthorpe, Alan Dunne from Millwall and Danny Graham from Carlisle all on frees because they were at the end of their contract. Also bought Dan Harding on a free, he was not at a club and Hilaire a GK from Marseille for 85k.

In first season sold Enoch Showunmi to Colchester for 20k and bought Gary Borrowdale from QPR for 90k.

Forgot to put my team, so here goes.

GK - Ankergren

DR - F Richardson

DL - D Harding

DC - Huntington

DC - Michalik

MR - Hurst

ML - Snodgrass

MC - Delph

MC - Howson

ST - Beckford

ST - Graham

Subs vary depending on injuries, fitness etc.

Dirty Italian b*stards.

Skrtel is injured, so naturally, Mascherano goes to put it out for a throw. However, a Roma player blocks the kick out, goes up the pitch, and scores. Really. If this costs me my place in the final 8 of the Champions League, I will enter a war of words with the Roma manager.

Looks good, do you keep the ball well with it? That's the only thing I'd be worried about, would look great going forwards.

Well I think its too attacking for the prem, like my previous tactic, But am going to stick with it a while longer and see if it can follow up from the previous season.

Having managed Celtic, Zaragoza and Milan in my current save with all leagues from Scotland England Italy and Spain loaded there was only one of the 4 top divisions I hadn't managed in yet, that of course being the Prem. So despite having built a world beating team at Milan and planning to stay there to try and finally make it on to a favoured personell list, I couldn't resist when I noticed Steve Bruce had been sacked by Man Utd. I immediately resigned from Milan, applied for the Man Utd job and was quickly instated as their new manager. I really should've had a look at the Prem table and their squad first, but stupid me didn't. So I tokk control of a massively underachieving Utd team with only Rooney, anderson and Fletcher left from the Fergie era, they wre in 18th place and I had to hit the ground running, been playing as them since friday and the screenies below are my squad and the Prem table is it stands now.

The board rediculously are 'unhappy with my performance' as they want European qualification and we are only on course for a afe mid-table position. So just hoping to get us as far up the table as possible and cling on to the job to try and rebuild for next season.

Will be up till the early hours and will update you all when anything of note happens.:thup:

ManchesterUnited-2.png

EnglishPremierDivision.png

Edit:- Don't know what's going on with the Prem league screenie, can't get it to go bigger,let me know if you all are not able to make it out, if a bigger version is needed I can try it on it's own in a new post, .

okay i've gotta finish as I've gotta work. but i'm finishing up top of serie A 5 points clear of Juve and on a 14 match winning streak. 9 in the league and 5 in europe. Good luck in you games guys hope you can all keep teams up and keep your jobs

Playin as Jaguares and Senegal doin Blanco's challenge

Can anyone tell me, when I'm Senegal I've only got two keepers who are both injured at the moment. When I went into my Senegal team there were three 'greyed out' goalies, am I able to make sure there in my squad for the next qualifier?

Im playing a kind of career game.

Started with San Jose Earthquakes, won my division but lost in Conference Semi's. Kept declaring interest in Spanish and English jobs so they sacked me :)

Got the Bournemouth job and they were bottom after 15 games. No money so signed loads of oldies - Chris Powell, Sibierski, Barry Conlon then got Lee Molyneux on loan from Soton. Caught up with 23rd and 22nd and was 5 points off safety after 37ish games and on bad form so resigned. Got Wycombe job and now going in to the 2010/11 season with Wycombe in league 2.

Archived