Work Permit

Hi Guys,

Another quick question from me...

I have bid for a few non-EU players and set their transfer dates to "End of season (England)".

Does the work permit process start as normal once they have accepted their contracts? i.e. within a few days.

...Or does the work permit application take place when the transfer is due to go ahead after the end of the season? i.e. there will be a chance that the whole transfer will blow out at the end of the season if work permit application fails.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys,

Another quick question from me...

I have bid for a few non-EU players and set their transfer dates to "End of season (England)".

Does the work permit process start as normal once they have accepted their contracts? i.e. within a few days.

...Or does the work permit application take place when the transfer is due to go ahead after the end of the season? i.e. there will be a chance that the whole transfer will blow out at the end of the season if work permit application fails.

Thanks in advance.

anyone help please?

It happens as soon as the contract is agreed, at least for me it is, signing a Brazilian kid, and I failed the work permit, although I can loan him in order to make him an EU citizen, and the kid isn't joining for 2 years.

So the work permit failed as soon as the contract was agreed - but you were still able to loan him...ok...

But you said "the kid isn't joining for 2 years" - I didnt understand that bit as you say he failed the permit.

Basically, the permit failed, so I appealed, and the result was that I didn't get a permit for him to play in England, but that he could be loaned somewhere in Europe (AA Gent, my feeder for this issue in my case) to get an EU nationality, which will be Belgian, then, after those three years, once he gets the nationality, he will be able to play for me.

He isn't joining for 2 years because of the Brazilian rule of U18's not being allowed to sign for teams abroad.

It can be complicated.

Basically, the permit failed, so I appealed, and the result was that I didn't get a permit for him to play in England, but that he could be loaned somewhere in Europe (AA Gent, my feeder for this issue in my case) to get an EU nationality, which will be Belgian, then, after those three years, once he gets the nationality, he will be able to play for me.

He isn't joining for 2 years because of the Brazilian rule of U18's not being allowed to sign for teams abroad.

It can be complicated.

aaah - now i get you. Ok thanks mate.

I'm managing Bournemouth and after a player from the A-League (Australia),contracts have been signed etc. but has failed the work permit.I've tried to sign him a few times but again everytime the work permit stops the deal from going through.Anyone have any ideas? Or solutions? Or do i have to keep trying to sign him until they give in and approve the work permit?

It can be complicated.

How can you control the 'feeder' club to get him to go there on Loan??

He'll still appear on your roster, but with a "Wp" tag. You can keep him on your roster doing nothing for 5 years until he becomes an Englishman, or you can "Send to Affiliate". Hopefully, you have an affiliate with less than 5 years required for citizenship...

He'll still appear on your roster, but with a "Wp" tag. You can keep him on your roster doing nothing for 5 years until he becomes an Englishman, or you can "Send to Affiliate". Hopefully, you have an affiliate with less than 5 years required for citizenship...

How can he be on my roster if he's refused a work permit?

So how do i get them to go to a feeder club if i cant sign them because of a refused work permit??
He'll still appear on your roster, but with a "Wp" tag....or you can "Send to Affiliate"....

Right click on his name anywhere you see it, or go to his player page, and there the option is....

Archived