Do you always sign the same old players? **PLAYER NAMING**

In older versions of FM yes, but in 09 there are so many quality regens that generally if I've been at a club for a few years before moving on there are regens I can get who are better than the real players in the team I've just left, so in 09 no I don't tend to sign the same real players over again. I have in my current save signed a cracking regen midfielder that I had at Milan for my Man Utd team.

I turn off the 'Real Players' option, so never :cool:

Although way back when regens were actually regens I always had a Liberian striker in my teams, you just had to be careful to avoid the crap one ;)

I wonder if that was the regen of a certain Liberian legend George Weah? ;)

Hmm I found myself doing it a lot in FM08. Some of the common ones I often signed was Farfan, Arshavin, Riquelme, Nakamura, Zapata, Squillaci, Pineda, Diogo... Off course not all of them for every side, but I played a lot and I've signed all of them more than 3 times.

This is kinda natural though because one of the first things you do is scout and find affordable players that you really like. These don't change from game start to game start, so you will be very compelled to sign players that you know are quality for money.

I've tried to refrain from this in FM09 (and have done so succesfully) since I find that it gets a little old if you do. I also stopped signing free young prospects (in 08 you also learned who they were pretty quickly) and rely on intake and monitoring young players myself.

I'm very proud of myself.

Archived