What is needed to get a 10 rating?

Well, nobody ever plays a perfect game, do they?

No they don't, but surely 5 goals against one of the best teams in the world should get him a 10? Imagaine what people would have been saying about it IRL.

but no he gets a 9.9!

Perhaps he was marked down 0.1 for artistic impression... ;)

I've only seen one 10 rating in two seasons of my lower league save with Altrincham. From memory (as my save got corrupted somehow :( ), it was from my AMC who scored a hat-trick, won every tackle he made, every header attempt and every pass was complete... so in all essence, a perfect game on his part. If my memory serves me well, the same chap got a 5.4 in the next game! Obviously he lacks consistency...

It should be impossible to get a 10 imo. No player gets EVERY pass right, gets EVERY tackle right, and generally has a perfect match. 10/10 is perfect, so a player shouldn't be able to get this.

It's funny really, because when I consider the wages in real life that some of the top players earn these days, they should all get 10/10 match ratings, be able to walk on water and basically be some form of deity to earn the money they get. :D

I actually got my first 10.0 for FM09 after something like 20 years of Game play time, just last night!

It was in a cup against a team 2 divisions below me and we won 12-0. Striker scored 5 and provided 2 assists to finally register a 10.0.

I can only see a Striker or some AM being able to get a clear 10,since its strictly being connected with goals and assists.I remember i played with Hammarby for UEFA cup and i won 7-0.My CB was owning them completely in headers and everything.They didnt even make a shot.He scored 4 goals(2 headers from corner,1 from foul and 1 shot).And he only got a poor 9.3.Maybe if they were a better team he would have gotten a 10 but come on.4 goals from CB and the opposite team not making a shot is a 10 in my heart.

Slipknot67 - It's funny how both of our 10's have come against Newcastle Town :).

Hadn't even noticed that till you mentioned it.

Did Rooney get an assist in that game as well as his 5 goals? The reason I ask being that in my game against them Matos had scored his fifth goal and I'd just confirmed subbing him off when he was at 9.9, then his last touch of the ball in the game was an assist for our 6th goal, which was what gave him the ten in my game.

My record in Championship League with Colchester is Baba Collins with 9.6 with 4 goals, 2 of them on penalty. The previous season he finished with 37 goals so top league goalscrorer but I managed to finish only 9th, shame on me ! :)

What a weird match :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived