Other Jobs - Will it ever be added?

Ok, I know its called Football Manager and not Football Ass.Manager of Football Coach but I think you should be able to take do some other jobs, especially being head coach of the youth/reserve teams, this wouldn't actually take that much work on SI's part as it is basically the same, just the AI of the club manager would need to be spot on as you would have to take orders from that Manager.

Ass. Manager wise, this may be harder, as you would only be able to make recommmendations, but tbh I like taking control of big clubs but it makes the whole thing so unrealistic, but from time to time you get Ass.Mans/Youth team managers taking over...

• Pep guy in charge of Barca
  • Phil Brown
  • Steve Mclaren

COmments please

I have wanted them to allow you to start off as the U 18/19/21 manager of a club rather than the full manager.

This would have to be coded in such a way that after 5years or so the manager of the full team moves on leaving a vacant first team postion that you can apply for - depending on your success you can get it or not.

I don't think we should be able to do other jobs, but I do think that when we create our manager we should be able to set up a pre-game history, containing a playing career and non-management roles, so that it doesn't feel like our manager has just 'appeared', so to speak. Then our reputation could be decided by our past experience.

possibly, but you do have the oppurtunity to chose if you have a footballers experience, either International, Professional or Amateur (I think). Tbh I think the game needs a whole new dimension, as the the only real revolutionary thing that happened in 2009 was the 3d which doesn't expand your options for a varied career as such.

SI needs to really expand the game and this could be a great addition.

Comments

lawsie if you think a boot boy simulator would be cool, why don't you get off ur fat ass and make 1

to people actually discussing this properly, my point is that if I join Liverpool say from apparently no where and makes the whole game completely unrealistic. And Lawsie a simulator is meant to be realistic, and its not if I can just join a top club out of the blue.

lawsie if you think a boot boy simulator would be cool, why don't you get off ur fat ass and make 1

to people actually discussing this properly, my point is that if I join Liverpool say from apparently no where and makes the whole game completely unrealistic. And Lawsie a simulator is meant to be realistic, and its not if I can just join a top club out of the blue.

Yes you can, you simulate yourself being an ex international. Look at shearer, southgate, keane etc. What did they do? Oh yes thats right....

Also grow up and get a clue.

I don't think it should be changed, what benefit or added interest would it bring? You can manage your u18s and reserves too if you wished. If you think joining a top team is unrealistic then start in the BSN etc and work your way up, no point in penalising the people who want to go straight in and manage the Man Utd's Barca's , Liverpool's, thats why some people buyt the game. Nobody is forcing you to manage a top team.

Nobody is forcing you to manage a top team.

And of course nobody would force you to manage the U18/reserves. I think exclusive management of youth teams should be included and the option to manage them whilst first team manager should be taken away. Plus, its possible to manage international youth teams so i don't see why it should be different for the club teams.

It'd be a brilliant idea for those who like career games. Start off managing Braintree Youth Team, and work your way up. Not that I know personally, but I'm assuming thats how it would work IRL, as it does with other careers.

I really like this idea, Think it adds to the realism aspect of the game, like it's been said if it was included you would not have to do it. I really beleive this is the way the game should go in the future, 3D's ok but IMO it not needed as much as other aspects of the game.

Yeah, you can already set your experience, but there's not a real sense of history to it. I'm a former professional footballer, but who did I play for? I feel being able to structure your pre-management career would be a really neat addition.

Exactly what I want. Would be cool if as manager of Rangers, a news item says "XXXXXXXX has join the club as the new manager of Rangers. Already a firm favourite by the fans after his 16 year career at the club, it is now his turn to show what we can do as a manager. ....so on

I dont agree with having other manager roles, but i do feel we could have at least had some kind of playing history, If you set your experienc as an international footballer, you will have caps for your country, but you are relatively unknown in club football, it wouldnt hurt to have one randomly generated for you, even if it was based on your favourite club.

I would love to see this added. Sometimes I like to start with a big-ish club and it bothers me that I apparently appeared from nowhere. It would be good to beable to start out managing youth football. You can already manage national youth teams so I can't see a massive problem doing the same for domestic teams.

I wouldn't mind being able to take on the role of coach or goalkeeping coach. That'd be a much more realistic way to begin your career. Management offers would come in after you've proven yourself on the training pitch (organizing training schedules, interacting with players, etc.) You could still choose to begin as a manager, if you'd prefer.

I'm actually quite surprised at how few people have labeled the OP as a heretic for suggesting such a thing, as usually happens in other similar threads.

I wouldn't mind being able to take on the role of coach or goalkeeping coach. That'd be a much more realistic way to begin your career. Management offers would come in after you've proven yourself on the training pitch (organizing training schedules, interacting with players, etc.) You could still choose to begin as a manager, if you'd prefer.

I'm actually quite surprised at how few people have labeled the OP as a heretic for suggesting such a thing, as usually happens in other similar threads.

Possibly eventually becoming an ass man and you make your break on the management scene as a caretaker manager when the original manager resigns or gets the sack.

While yes, other jobs might be interesting, but the game is still Football MANAGER. That is, it deals with the management side of the game.

I feel that if we want to delve into other roles, the game will have to be changed drastically, to the point where it might not even be called Football Manager any more.

While yes, other jobs might be interesting, but the game is still Football MANAGER. That is, it deals with the management side of the game.

I feel that if we want to delve into other roles, the game will have to be changed drastically, to the point where it might not even be called Football Manager any more.

This is not a moan at you Ben, but i am tired of people using the game name as a reason not to implement this feature.

Yes ok, it is true, but must everyone jump on theese suggestions with that reason?

It is a pretty poor argument in my opinion, the game name has been changed before, im sure it is perfectly possible for it to happen again (unlikely, but you still never know!)

This wasn't directed at you Ben:D

This is not a moan at you Ben, but i am tired of people using the game name as a reason not to implement this feature.

Yes ok, it is true, but must everyone jump on theese suggestions with that reason?

It is a pretty poor argument in my opinion, the game name has been changed before, im sure it is perfectly possible for it to happen again (unlikely, but you still never know!)

This wasn't directed at you Ben:D

I understand that. I'm just saying, there could be people who don't want this option, and want it to be strictly management only.

And therefore, in my view, any major changes in such a manner would have to result in a new game that would be all encompassing. Because I feel that coaching and managing is vastly different in nature.

I understand that. I'm just saying, there could be people who don't want this option, and want it to be strictly management only.

And therefore, in my view, any major changes in such a manner would have to result in a new game that would be all encompassing. Because I feel that coaching and managing is vastly different in nature.

I mysself wouldn't want coaching roles, assistant and youth team managers are as far as i would go tbh.

Coaching would not interest me at all, you spend a season organising training schedules. FUN:rolleyes:

Two different points here; Being MANAGER of the U18s/Reserves/U20s etc would be fine because you are still managing a team. Being Assistant Manager would never work and could never be implemented.

I like the idea of being the kit man. Every week you could have a news item saying "Steven Gerrard has commented on the excellent job of the kit man. He stated that it gives him a warm fuzzy feeling when he pulls that lemon-fresh shirt over his head. Gerrard went on to say that the kit man's late decision to use a fabric softener was nothing short of inspired." C'mon Si, let's see you implement that idea... ;)

To the people saying they'd like the option of being a coach, what exactly would you do? I can perhaps understand wanting to be an assistant or youth team manager, although I'd never do either, but just being a coach sounds incredibly dull.

• Administrators

Agreed on the U19/U20 aspect and Reserve team management.

The downside though would be having to deal with "greyed out" players, especially in the lower leagues. It would be good, for instance, if you develop good relationships with other managers/players/coaches and if you became their 'favoured personnel' you could be invite for reserve/U19 management if they were higher up the chain.

More should be done though at first on the 'management' side - we should be able to develop personalities and reputations based on our transfer policies, youth policies, offering contracts, loyalty to clubs (project management) that would make us more attractive to certain clubs:

Ie. Club A has sacked 3 managers in 4 years, suffering two relegations and looking to rebuild with little cash. If you meet the criteria, you'd be hired.

I feel a lot of hiring as a manager is based merely on your results (which might seem obvious), but other things should be taken into account.

For example, I have taken San Marino to 2 successive promotions (through playoffs) on 09 and now in Serie B from the start of the gane. Yet still I only have 'regional' reputation.

1) Shouldn't I have a better rep?

2) Shouldn't my policy of signing gems, shrewd loan signings make me attractive to clubs with no money (I have yet to sign anyone over 7k, either...)

It all seems a bit strange to me...

Archived