Squad photographs

Yeah, I know it's an issue since the real players don't all have photographs and arguably not all are suitable for this purpose (showing neck/logo etc.) but I thought that perhaps one day you could have virtual photographs of your squad. So you take all your handsome regen players' faces and they all sit down on virtual bodies like: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/08/27/in-pictures-official-manchester-united-squad-photos-released-115875-20713822/ (second picture). With names and stuff at the bottom, and any trophies won.

So that perhaps one day you could take your photographs and show off your handsome squad. It could be useful for you to remind yourself of how your squad has grown over the years.

It's not just limited to the single squad photograph, though - teams have photo shoots on the pitch before big matches - say, the Champions League. In addition, even at youth level, you get photographs of youth cup final squads or at least the starting eleven.

As a gameplay measure, it could be used for youngsters - including them in the first-team squad picture could boost their morale as it indicates they'll be close to the first-team. If, consequently, they don't even get close, they could feel betrayed and the less professional players could throw a tantrum. You could also use it to make players you want to get rid of unhappy - by not including them. Conversely, if you put a player who will eventually leave shortly after the photograph is taken, the fans might be unhappy that such a ceremonial photograph is ruined.

As much as I like these idea's, and feel player interaction etc is an area of the game in need of improvement, there would probably be licensing problems with this. So it might not be allowed until all players are regens. Even then the managers could be ex players.

Good idea though, one I like.

As much as I like these idea's, and feel player interaction etc is an area of the game in need of improvement, there would probably be licensing problems with this. So it might not be allowed until all players are regens. Even then the managers could be ex players.

Good idea though, one I like.

Yeah, licensing was the one thing I was thinking it would have problems with, although we might never know - perhaps SI's secret new weapon for FM 2010 is player photographs for everyone. Alternatively, we could show ? for players without photographs - perhaps clicking will link to perhaps a Getty Images or Flickr search page.

I might try and mock-up my own squad for fun tomorrow to show an example.

I actually had an idea that, now that 3D kits are in the game, regens should go a little further down so that you can see the collar/shoulders of the kit of the team that they're playing for, to give more personalisation.

And perhaps we could have more personalisation, like players who copy Henry's style of wearing gloves, Bendtner's pink shoes, Rooney's untucked shirt...

I hope they havn't wasted their time getting player pictures for everyone. It would just been one giant folder full of zillions of pictures that adds nothing to the game and thats even if I used player pictures which I find just take up space on the profile while adding nothing probably because I play in leagues where there are no real pictures.

Some sort of more unique features to players in the 3D would be quite nice, I guess it would lead to a lot of people saying player x wheres boots a slightly deeper shade of blue than that and stuff but it would look quite nice and hints at a bigger thing of the view being more detailed.

For once, a good idea has been put forward, but a tricky one to implement because of licensing and such.

Maybe they could do a generation of the real player's faces?

Im not sure but it probably wont be in FM2010, a great idea for future games though:thup:

Archived