"One day Farsley Celtic will be Champions of Europe"

The words I said in my first ever press conference.

They laughed at me then.

But today that day has come.

I feel so proud of my team, 15 years of hard work has ultimately come to this, and it could've been even better had I won the quadruple. In the end I came 3rd in the league (which was probably the best title race I've ever seen - with 3 games to go any team from 1st to 7th could've won it), won the FA Cup (second season in a row) and the Community Shield too.

Anyway just thought I'd post this 'cos I'm so happy :D

Next stop - World Club Champions

Well done mate excellent achievment. Maybe you should be knighted.
Knighted? Not much chance of that happening! I'm not even on the club's legends/icons/favoured personnel list yet lol.

Here are some screenshots telling the story of this heroic season (2 PLAYERS NAMED IN THE 1ST SCREENSHOT, none anywhere else)

1 - the Community Shield final, following Farsley's league and FA Cup final double in the previous season. It may be worth even less than the League Cup in terms of worth, but it set us up for a successful season.

01mancityvfarsley.png

2 - The day the title slipped away; I had 15 shots and 4 CCCs against Utd but couldn't break them down, and with City winning, we were 4 points behind. At this point with 3 games to go, any team from 1st to 7th could've won it.

02manutdvfarsley.png

3 - How the League ended up; I'd have ended 2nd had it not been for a Hull City equaliser in the 4th minute of stoppage time on the last day. And yes Cheltenham Town are in the EPL (not any more though) 6 years after being in the BSP. That's even better than my achievement!

03englishpremierdivisio.png

4 - The Champions League group stage

04europeanchampionscup.png

5 - The Champions League final - CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE. This was revenge on City for their league win.

05championleaguefinal.png

6 - My Champions League run, the highlight being a 3-0 win over Barcelona who'd dumped me out of the competition 2 years ago.

06championsleaguerun.png

7 - My FA Cup run, pretty easy campaign apart from Utd

07facuprun.png

8 - Farsley's honours so far

08honours.png

how lucky is that ^^^

one point and low GD!

Yeah it was quite a strange end to the season. In the penultimate game, I needed to win or Leeds needed to lose. I lost 3-0 to Shrewsbury (who were second bottom) but Leeds lost 4-3 to Wolves, and that secured me the play-offs. Then in the final game I lost 2-1 to Plymouth (their first win in 20 games, but my excuse is that I was resting my players for the play-offs) and Leeds beat Blackpool 5-1. So it wasn't as close as it looked.

By the way this was no where near as lucky as I've got. When I was in League 1 I was bottom in mid-November, then went on a mental run to reach 8th with 1 game to go. On the final day to secure the play-offs, I needed to win, another team needed to lose/draw and another needed to lose. Incredibly this all happened (with one of teams needing to lose conceding a goal in the last minute) and I got into the play-offs. Unfortunately that's where my luck ran out and I lost the final on penalties.

Fantastic. I'd take my hat off to you, but I don't have one, so if somebody in possession of a hat would come near me, I'd tip their hat to you. There'd then be quite an awkward moment as I explained why I'd just tipped their hat, and what if it was a beanie? Ok, it's probably easier just to salute you.

Wow thanks for all the comments :)

I'll post some screenshots of players and stuff (and that Perez guy) when I've watched Man Utd and done my essay.

To the guy who asked for Perez, could you be a bit more specific? He doesn't play for Bolton anymore, and I did a search for Perez and got 899 matches.

Ok to whoever wanted to see screenies of my players, I've uploaded a gallery here:

http://img22.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=benhermans.png

By the way I'm going to go a bit mental here (I just love Farsley / FM so much :D )

Ben Hermans - bought him from Liverpool when he was 18 for £4m when I first entered the Premier League in 2017. He didn't really become a regular until last season, and his impact to the team certainly made a difference when you consider the increase in silverware. He's so far made 170 appearances (57 as a sub) and scored 81 goals. This season he's come into his own with a goal/game ratio of 0.5 (2nd top scorer in the league). He was nominated for World Footballer of the Year in 2023/24 but lost to this absolute beast (http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2032/12edwardbuckley.png). Recently in a 4-0 thrashing of Barcelona, Hermans scored the goal of the game, rounding off a 29-pass move. You may soon see this goal here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=85290

Craig Eyre - an absolute Farsley legend, as simple as that. Signed from Watford for a ridiculous £4k when we were in League 1 in 2015, he's been an integral part of the team ever since, becoming captain, top goalscorer and an official Farsley favourite after just 1 season where his 28 goals blasted Farsley into the Championship, and a year later another 28 to take Farsley to the Premier League. He's so far amassed 276 appearances (106 as sub) and scored 148 goals. His finest hour came in a match against Liverpool in Farsley's 1st year in the PL, where he scored a hat-trick inside half an hour to propel Farsley into a 3-0 lead. Liverpool (as they do) came back with 15 minutes to go, and it seemed it was going to stay that way until the 5th minute of stoppage time, where Eyre unleashed an absolute screamer into the top corner to produce a priceless victory (http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/7770/farsleyvliverpool.png). As of late he's become more sidelined due to the influx of hot youth prospects, but 5 goals and a 10/10 rating in the UEFA Cup in an 8-0 thrashing over Keflavik has meant he's always in the first team squad.

Edwin Cedeno - a hit 'n' miss player, incredibly inconsistent; when he's bad he's utter crap, but when he's on form he's easily one of the best players around. He's the sort of player who only scores absolutely fantastic goals, often at crucial moments in games and in big games, but his random poor performances have meant his value has decreased following his £7.25m move from Standard in 2018. So far he's played for Farsley 193 times (52 as a sub) and has scored 89 goals.

Ian Browne - a pivotal figure on the Farsley right flank since his record-breaking £13.25m move from Bolton in 2020. His consistant decent performances got him shortlisted for the 2022 World Footballer of the Year award, based mainly on his creative talent - 46 assists in 94 games.

Kenny McNeil - Farsley's captain signed in a £2.3m move from Cardiff in 2017 at the age of 19. He's gone on to become an inspirational DMC with an eye for the spectacular goal and has so far represented Farsley 260 times (44 as sub).

Mitch - Recommended by scouts as a player of exceptional promise in 2021, he came to Farsley for a bargain £1.8m and instantly slotted in to the first team as cover for the aging Mads Albaek. But huge improvements in training earned him a full-time call up to the first team and since then he's never looked back, ultimately forcing Albaek to look for more abundant first team football back in Denmark.

Oliveira - cited as an even hotter prospect than Mitch by scouts in South America, he was quickly snapped up at the age of 18 in 2019 for £2m, originally as one for the future. But the inconsistancy of Cedeno earned him a call-up to the first team where he made a massive impression with his skill, pace, dribbling and finishing. One of his first games came in the 2020 Super Cup final against Barcelona where he scored a 'super' individual goal with 10 minutes to go to win the trophy, in a match where Farsley were completely outplayed (http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2840/barcelonavfarsley.png). These last 2 seasons, he and Hermans have made a devestating striking partnership and these fine performances got him 3rd place in the 2023 World Footballer of the Year, and a place in Team of the Year. So far he's played 104 games (78 as sub) and has scored 36 goals, setting up 45 for his team-mates.

Matt Thompson - http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/49/mattthompson.png

- undoubtedly Farsley's best player ever in terms of pure talent and consistency, signed in a £3.9m move from Liverpool in 2019 at the age of 19, as they were selling off players due to their relegation to the Championship. Thompson has made Farsley's and England's left-wing his own recently, the highlight of his career being scoring the winning penalty in the 2022 World Cup final shoot-out against Spain. His love of the club and steely determination have seen him rise to vice-captain, and he remains a complete professional on and off the pitch. Nowadays he is the 4th most expensive player in the world and has been frequently linked with ridiculously pricey transfers to almost every high-ranking European club, but his loyalty to the club, fans and manager means he is going absolutely nowhere. Matt Thompson is everything Ryan Giggs would have been had he been English and not Welsh. He has so far played 149 games (48 as sub), has scored 27 goals, and has made 32 assists.

Rasmus Lundgaard - Farsley's highly reliable rock at the back. He came to Farsley in a £5.5m move from Birmingham in 2019 at the age of 22. He has been at the heart of a series of clean-sheet runs for Farsley, his best so far being 12 hours straight. After an unsteady start as the team were still adapting to high-level football, he has found his feet, and was instrumental in Farsley's Champions League / FA Cup winners campaign, where he played 34 games, conceded 30 and kept 17 clean sheets. He has played 178 times, conceded 177, and kept 71 clean sheets.

Matt Tait - http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/4283/matttait.png

- along with Craig Eyre, one of Farsley's longest serving players, having been signed in League 1 in 2015 on a free transfer from Crewe. For 7 years he was Farsley's undisputed main right-back until Ron Clark's £16.75m move from Valencia forced him to the subs bench. He has made 284 appearances (9 as sub), and his consistently good performances have made him become a fans-favourite.

Special mentions to:

Ben Saunders - the best of the recent influx of hot prospects straight from the youth academy. Saunders is set to have a bright future at the club, especially after guiding the under 18s to successive league and cup wins, scoring 84 goals in the 2 seasons he spent there.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7596/bensaunders.png

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1796/englishunder18sgroup.png

Adam Howard - scored 69 goals in 125 games in loan spells from Leeds from 2012 to 2015, to push Farsley towards successive promotions from the Blue Square Conference to League 2 to League 1. You can see a glimpse of his talent here -

Mihael Kovacevic - he broke the bank in wages when he signed on a free transfer in 2016 in an unbelievable signing for Farsley which truly symbolised their rising reputation in the world of football. He made 212 appearances, scoring 33 goals, and his experience was invaluable at the top level where he solidified and organised the defence. He now works as a coach at Farsley after retiring on a high following Farsley's achievements last season.

To the guy who wanted that Perez guy, here he is - http://img6.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marcoprez.png

Archived