Friday's All-Nighter - Make The Most Of A Friday

That's a challenge thread. Talking about our games would be off topic.

I see your point, but if it was a proper challenge, it should be in CSE. In my opinion, if its not there, you'd be able to post in there...

I've seen that some of these all nighter threads have hardly anything in them from 0400 (BST) onwards, hardly all nighter, is it?!

I know many people agree with this and also consider it a lame way of bumping up the amount of posts for some users.

Leave the post bumping excuses alone...

It's like beating a dead horse. It's not hurting anyone, so why the concern? If a mod thinks it's heading in the wrong direction they'll do something about it :| So far, none have, so obviously they are OK....

Anyways, I shall be carrying on my push for promotion with Swindon tonight, currently sitting in 8th in my first season in the championship, which I am very happy with (seeing as I was predicted to finish 24th lol)

Well Last night I started a game as Reading.

First season went quite well, Here were the transfers i made at the beggining of the first season:

transfers08.png

Rodney Sneijder resulted in being a bit of a waste of money, but I still have belief in him and hes also still a young age. I terminated Lansbury's loan pretty much as soon as i got him, realised i didnt really need him. Bradley Orr was just a full back i had to get, got great quality in him.

Anyway, so i got promoted first season, after finishing second, with somehow Southamton taking the CCC title.

So I decided in order to progress in the prem i would need to sort out my team a bit, here are the transfers from the beggining of this season:

transfers200910.png

Keith Southern i just saw his contract expired, so i took a look at him and liked the look of his stats, they were not too bad, so thought it was worth getting him on a free transfers..... But wasnt.

I've always seen Sam Hewson as one for the future, so when i saw his contract had expired at Man United, i decided to snap him up.

Popo was is also at a young age, my scout reccomended him so decided to get him, quite cheap aswell.

Tom Heaton is also got something in the future, thought 150k was a bargain TBH, so he is my back-up keeper ATM.

Keith Andrews i thought was worth getting for a backup.

Ronald Zuber, Can play center defence or at fullback, been playing him at right FB and has been doing a good job so far.

Ross Wallace can play pretty much anywhere on the left, so am rotating him around.

Ben-Haim, Tal, Great CB, been playing well so far in the opening stages of the Premierleague Campaign.

The only big player i sold was Andre Bikey, only reason I did sell him was because he was deeply unhappy at the club so didnt want that to ruin the morale of any of the other players.

Heres my squad atm then:

readingteam.png

So far in the prem, am sitting 18th, havnt had the best of starts really but still a long way to go, have got really unlucky in some of the results. So far have played 9 and only won 1, drawn 2 and lost 6.

Anyway now on a real down term, about 4 games into the prem season, Take-over talks started happening, first of all i thought this could be good, then was told it could be a former footballer taking over

Then i got this message:

takeover.png

Bit of a bummer

Thought I'd do an update, as I have decided to put my Swindon save on hold, and try to get Wolves in the Premier League :D

Here's My transfers so far this season:

transferswolve.png

James McCarthy - He is just pure class for his age IMO, has walked straight into my first team, and has bagged a winning goal on his debut! Very cheap too, and definiatley one for the future.

Bakary Soumare - Very cheap,good CB, bought him as I found Wolves' defence to be lacking. Very good buy, is improving rapidly already and has fit right in alongside Christophe Berra

My Current Team:

currentteamwolves.png

Pleased with the quality if the squad in general, still have alot of the budget left over, so can change in Jan if it's needed

Playing my England game, just drew Chile 2-2 with a Ledley King header in the last minute, my first non win so far! My record so far is 13 wins and 1 draw. Won all 10 of my World Cup Qualifying matches, and my World Cup Group this year is DR Congo, Serbia and Japan. Wish me luck.

Update from last night:

Well as i reported last night, i beat Arsenal 3-1 in my final group stage game at home but it meant little as both Arsenal and Ajax where too far ahead on points.

So i finished 3rd with 10 points (beat Dinamo Kiev home and away, drew with Ajax at home, beat Arsenal at home).

Ive drawn PSV in the Europa cup.

League is going realy well though thanks to some squad changes ive made.

Thomson and Fleck both got back from Injury, Aquino stopped moaning about wanting a new club and i got shot of a few trouble makers moaning about not getting a game.

And on another note...

Craig Gordon returned to Scotland for a mere £1.8m from Real Madrid (walking straight into an old firm game might i add).

H 4-1 Inverness CT. (spl)

A 3-1 Livingston (spl)

A 3-0 Hearts (spl) (fleck and Thomson returned)

H 4-0 Celtic (spl) (Gordon made 1st choice keeper)

H 5-0 East Stirling (Scottish cup 4th round)

£17m in transfer money and £500k in wages per month free... going to buy one or two top quality players.

Into 3rd season now on my game, Took over Walsall mid Jan in 2nd season bottom of League 1 and went down.

Now trying to get them back up as run away champions. Played 3 won 1 drawn 1 lost 1 :( Out of league cup aswell beat 2-0 at home by Mk Dons!

Think I'll join you all, tiredness defeated me last night so hopefully I'll last tonight.

Struggling to decide whether to continue my main save with Arsenal or do my dafuge challenge with Boston United.

Edit: I've decided to do my dafuge challenge, just about to start the league season and I'll keep you all updated through the night. Anyone else currently doing this challenge?

Yesss!!! Just knocked Man Utd out of the Champions League. I didn't think I'd do it. Drew 1-1 in Turin and won 2-0 in Old Trafford. Hit them on the break for both goals! :D

edit: I'm Juve by the way.

....and then I draw Real Madrid in the quarters :(

Well Fleck got injured for 10-14 days in a 5-1 league cup game against Hibs (thats me through to the final against either Celtic or Motherwell).

But on a brighter note...

Razvan Ochirossi 21, ML/AML from Stoke, has just been signed for £15m, its a lot for one player and is actually a record for my team but he would free up Fleck and Aquino to play up front together (Lafferty usualy does that but hes injured too).

The fans are excited by him ive just been told.... they bloody well should be.

Also signed

Maurizio Bacci (Regen) 17 year old AMC/AML for £800k from Roma... he looks like hes going to be absolute class.

Playing my England game, just drew Chile 2-2 with a Ledley King header in the last minute, my first non win so far! My record so far is 13 wins and 1 draw. Won all 10 of my World Cup Qualifying matches, and my World Cup Group this year is DR Congo, Serbia and Japan. Wish me luck.

Well I ended up finishing 3rd, losing to France in the Semi Finals with Lampard missing a Penalty in the 90+5th minute of injury time. :( Beat Germany 3-1 in the 3rd placed match. John Terry won the Golden Ball AND Golden Boot. :|

Another Update from Moi :p

Current Table:

tablewolves15games.png

So far I'm fairly pleased, Reading are pulling away fast at the top, which is worrying, as that leaves 1 auto promotion space for the rest of us to battle for lol.

Results up to now:

fixturesresultswolves.png

Not too disapointed so far, let a few leads slip to drop points, but have been scoring well. 30 in 15 games at one point which I'm pleased with, as aslong as I'm scoring freely I'm dangerous :p

Current team:

currentteamwolves.png

Bought in Possebon to cover midfield as I noticed it was a little thinner than I thought after a few games, so far he's been great, scored a few and helps run the midfield with McCarthy beside him. Soumare has been immense so far this season, scoring a few and hardly stepping a foot wrong all season. Very good buy for me. Got Delgado coming in Jan as he was coming out of contract and I know he is a good buy from past saves so snapped him up so Hennesey has some breathing space, as I don't trust the other Wolves keeper too much.

Overall - Not too disapointed so far, would have liked to have cemented a 1/2 place by now, but I am still in the mix for it. The signing I have bought in are doing great, so am pleased I spent wisely in the transfer market, and still have quite a bit left over to plug any holes I find during the season and also to prepare for life in the prem.

Nice one Point, keep the scoring rate up and 2nd should be yours. Looks like Reading are taking top spot but its 15 games in and you never know...

Yeah, I'm hoping they hit a rough patch of form to help me make up some ground.

Just lost 3-2 to Sunderland in the 4th round of the League Cup, was 3-0 after 33mins, so am pleased I managed to nearly get a draw out of the game.

Archived