Fc ? St ?

Just checked this, it is. A ST with a hidden free role attribute of 15+ will be described as an FC.

Unfortunately, if you retrain an AM R, ST to AM C, he will automatically become an AM RC, F C, as if he's suddenly gained the ability to do a free role. If I recall, this isn't the case. Consequently, you'll never see AM RC, ST unless the player has the ability to play ST, AM R and M C (not AM C).

Just checked this, it is. A ST with a hidden free role attribute of 15+ will be described as an FC.

Why can't the game give us this kind of information? Simple things like that could greatly increase the playability...

Why can't the game give us this kind of information? Simple things like that could greatly increase the playability...

Because the free role attribute is hidden as the game is presented in a way that tries to appear natural. They could tell you that an FC is a player with a high free role rating, or you could assume a Forward is someone that is likely to come deep, move around and link up play to great effect.

For people like me, who hadn't followed soccer/football for over a decade before coming across FM, it would be a great help. For the longest time I thought a FC played in the center three spots on the tactics screen while strikers played on the flanks...

For people like me, who hadn't followed soccer/football for over a decade before coming across FM, it would be a great help. For the longest time I thought a FC played in the center three spots on the tactics screen while strikers played on the flanks...

I always thought that ST was target man and FC was fast striker. And it is, I guess. Just not exactly.

Maybe this is slightly offtopic, but I think it's a good question related to this.

When i manage for instance Man United, I use the target player (striker like Berbatov) as the deeper lying player with mentality of 10 and creative freedom of 10. He holds up the ball and can link headers to rooney, who is fast and gets a mentality of 15 with high creative freedom.

Reading this thread however, it seems to suggest that I should use rooney in the deeper role with the lower mentality, and berbatov as a very high lying striker/target man with higher mentality? which reflects the real life situation the best?

Depends how you play. Having a target man laying deep to flick on long balls for a quick guy is one way to play. Have a more skillfull striker to lay deep and collect the ball would work better if you play it along the ground. Berbatov could probally do both or at least he could when he was at Spurs (i tend not to watch what our former players do, not that i'm bitter of anything).

Depends how you play. Having a target man laying deep to flick on long balls for a quick guy is one way to play. Have a more skillfull striker to lay deep and collect the ball would work better if you play it along the ground. Berbatov could probally do both or at least he could when he was at Spurs (i tend not to watch what our former players do, not that i'm bitter of anything).

okay, I don't watch that many United games since I live in sweden (just the CL games that are broadcasted) so I can't tell which way of these two they play really..

Would be nice if some Old Trafford faithful could enlight us? :)

Even with FC and ST there are various types.

Emile Heskey could fill the provider role well, and he would probably be an FC.

Peter Crouch is often the targetman, but he can also use his height to drop back and allow someone more mobile (i.e. Defoe) to push forward.

There's no fixed role for FC and ST, and it really all depends on the player's strengths and attributes.

Archived